Lincoln Continental As-Built configuration and programming via Forscan

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

No_WaY

Hey there, The changes that I've made are what I listed initially, which are:

1. Ability to access functions on APIM not available while the vehicle is in motion. Example being to input addresses in Navi while driving.
  2. Bambi mode which allows low beams and fog lamps to illuminate at the same time as when high beams are activated.
  3. Horn honk deactivated when exiting vehicle with the key while engine running.
  4. Auto blinkers from three flashes/clicks to custom number.
I'd like to do more, but we do not have much support for Forscan on our vehicles. Some of the Fusion/MKZ changes work, and others don't... I hope one day we will see more traction in this area.
Sorry i mean in Asbuilt format like this
IPC module : line 720-04-01 change to = C800 XXXX XXXX

Jeyaar456

There are options you can experiment with on FORSCAN in BCM and APIM without going into
the as built configuration. I quite like having the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel icons on the home screen. I also changed the front DRL's to orange but realised that the turn indicators would not work, so changed them back to white. But beware , there
are about 300 options on BCM only so take note of what you've disabled/enabled as you can lose track very quickly, I lost the blue high beam icon in the dash for a few weeks till I figured
out which option I had changed.

IMG_0973.JPG

TerryInLeesburg

jesse
What did you change to enable Bambi mode?
I had this on one of my other cars and loved it.
Thanks in advance...
Terry

jesse.srq

jesse
Thanks in advance...
Terry
Hi Terry, I followed 2GFusion forums made the modifications as seen below-

Simultaneous High Beams and Fog Lights (aka Bambi Mode):
726-27-01 (2014+ MY)xxxx xxxX xxxx
(BdyCM)1 (Normal Operation - Disabled)
0 (Simultaneous HB and Fogs - Enabled)

No_WaY

There are options you can experiment with on FORSCAN in BCM and APIM without going into
the as built configuration. I quite like having the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel icons on the home screen. I also changed the front DRL's to orange but realised that the turn indicators would not work, so changed them back to white. But beware , there
are about 300 options on BCM only so take note of what you've disabled/enabled as you can lose track very quickly, I lost the blue high beam icon in the dash for a few weeks till I figured
out which option I had changed.

View attachment 9884
Thank you very much,
Can you tell me which changes works for you in modules configuration ( exact name and option)
And i can see you advise to use asbuilt to turn on bambi mode , so it is not available in modules configuration? What other changes in asbuilt you try and succeeded ( exact modification )

So this will help everyone found this thread.
I did double honck modification from modules configuration and it worked , but looking for rear sunshade on reverse to stop it or to automatically up again , and to enable autohold automatically when start engine, do you have any idea to make this?

Jeyaar456

I've not come across any of these changes that you wish to make to your car.
The auto-hold function or rear sun shade is not a disable/enable option on any of the Ford as built data spreadsheets that I've seen.

However please try this site, the 2015-20 Ford 150 is a very comprehensive
data sheet.

No_WaY

I've not come across any of these changes that you wish to make to your car.
The auto-hold function or rear sun shade is not a disable/enable option on any of the Ford as built data spreadsheets that I've seen.

However please try this site, the 2015-20 Ford 150 is a very comprehensive
data sheet.

Thank you dear , I got a look and compare the my asbuilt to spreadsheet and some was match and other no , but at least it can guide for some function.

OmegaLincoln

jesse
Thanks in advance...
Terry

Bambi mode is great on my F150. Really bright. I'm not sure how well it will work with the continental. My fogs aren't very bright to begin with. Not sure if it will be a noticeable difference.

Let us know how yours turns out.

Jeyaar456

A door lock option that works on the Continental: If you unlock the car with remote and do not open a door within 45 seconds the car automatically re-locks itself, I can see this option being annoying more than anything but here it is anyway, try it out and see if it's useful:
BCM
726-15-02
change to 0101 0101 01XX

( keep last 2 digits as per the as built data)

TerryInLeesburg

Does anyone know of a way to have the car automatically lock itself when the key is moved away from it?

The scenario would be I park the car, leave it (taking the key with me), and after xxx seconds the car automatically locks itself. I am awful at remembering to lock it, and this would prevent my brain fade.
Thanks
Terry

Jeyaar456

I don't think that's an option, even with forscan, but the technology is there because the car automatically unlocks itself when you approach the car with the remote.

bbf2530

Does anyone know of a way to have the car automatically lock itself when the key is moved away from it?

The scenario would be I park the car, leave it (taking the key with me), and after xxx seconds the car automatically locks itself. I am awful at remembering to lock it, and this would prevent my brain fade.
Thanks
Terry
I don't think that's an option, even with forscan, but the technology is there because the car automatically unlocks itself when you approach the car with the remote.

Hi Jeyaar. To my knowledge, the Continental does not automatically unlock itself when the owner approaches with the IKT fob. It unlocks when you place your hand on the door handle/or press the unlock button by the handle (it varies by some Lincoln models). And the fob needs to be within about 3 feet of the door handle.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Jeyaar456

If you are disappointed with the sensitivity of the AHB [ auto high beams ] in that they are not
going to low beams quickly when it senses an approaching car , it's possible to increase the sensitivity from default level 1 to level 2 or 3 via the forscan tool.
I changed it to level 3 recently and now the high beams dip even when it senses street lights which it never did before,

Go to the IPMA Module and to line: 706-04-01 you need only alter the first digit
?XXX XXXX XX
This is the first digit of the default factory setting level 1 = 8XXX XXXX XX
If you want level 2 sensitivity change to = BXXX XXXX XX
If you want level 3 sensitivity change to = DXXX XXXX XX

Last edited:

jesse.srq

Thanks for this info. I'm going to check it out. I never understood why this adjustment is not made available in settings. I remember back in the day, auto dimmers in Ford/Lincoln vehicles made it very easy to adjust...

TerryInLeesburg

Me again...
Any way to have the auto hold function enabled by default?
I use it a lot and it would be nice to have it on as a default.
Thanks
Terry

jesse.srq

Me again...
Any way to have the auto hold function enabled by default?
I use it a lot and it would be nice to have it on as a default.
Thanks
Terry
Hi Terry, Maybe I do not quite understand the question, but does your auto-hold not stay engaged once you enable regardless of whether the vehicle has been turned off then on?

MarkX

Hi Terry, Maybe I do not quite understand the question, but does your auto-hold not stay engaged once you enable regardless of whether the vehicle has been turned off then on?
Agree with premise. Once the screen-surround upper right button has been pushed to activate, Autohold stays active even through ignition off-ons.