Lincoln Blackwood Air Ride

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

AnthonyC

Hello All,
I have a 2002 Lincoln Backwood with Air Ride. This truck is based on a ford F150.
I recently noticed that the air ride / compressor has not been working. I had replaced the compressor 6 Months ago.
Upon visual inspection I found the rear ride height sensor was in terrible shape eaten up by salt rust and corrosion. I replaced that sensor and no response from the system.
The fuses all read good. I connected my scanner and it sees the air ride module and reporting no codes. I disconnected the SS Relay (four Wires) and get 12 volts on the
wo heavy wires, when jumped together the compressor comes on. The third wire and the Positive 12 Volts will drive a 12 volt window motor so I think I have good power there.
The fourth wire shows 4.8 volts when the key is on. I believe that is the signal wire commanding the compressor to turn on. At that point I thought the relay was suspect and
replaced it Still nothing. It would seem to me that the compressor should come on.

At this point Im at a loss.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you

G-155092

Hello All,
I have a 2002 Lincoln Backwood with Air Ride. This truck is based on a ford F150.
I recently noticed that the air ride / compressor has not been working. I had replaced the compressor 6 Months ago.
Upon visual inspection I found the rear ride height sensor was in terrible shape eaten up by salt rust and corrosion. I replaced that sensor and no response from the system.
The fuses all read good. I connected my scanner and it sees the air ride module and reporting no codes. I disconnected the SS Relay (four Wires) and get 12 volts on the
wo heavy wires, when jumped together the compressor comes on. The third wire and the Positive 12 Volts will drive a 12 volt window motor so I think I have good power there.
The fourth wire shows 4.8 volts when the key is on. I believe that is the signal wire commanding the compressor to turn on. At that point I thought the relay was suspect and
replaced it Still nothing. It would seem to me that the compressor should come on.

At this point Im at a loss.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you
What's up Anthony , my name's Ryan I'm glad to see a recent post of a Lincoln blackwood. I myself am having some issues with my air suspension , I replaced both rear air bags with solonoids and the compressor , my bags fill up momentarily and then deflate I think it could be my ride height sensor or the air lines ( I might doing both to be safe as there almost 20 years old) but, may I ask where you purchased your height sensor ? Also with my blackwood while in park with the vehicle running I would open and close my passenger door and my compressor would kick on for the air ride just an fyi I noticed. Goodluck with your Blackwood buddy

AnthonyC

Blackwood Air ride update:
I continued working on the Blackwood Yesterday. There are various issues. Anyway after taking apart everything and checking the wiring I found the issue. The connector that plugs into the rear Height sensor was corroded to the point where it was no longer making contact. I discovered that when I back probed the wires. The sensor itself was so corroded that it cracked open and of course was no longer working however the connector did not look bad. Its fixed now and I was adjusting the ride height. I used Ride Leveling Height Sensor for Ford Expedition / Lincoln Navigator 2003-2006
6L1Z5A967BCPurchased from Amazon. Remove your bracket , clean and paint it. Make sure the lever works smoothly. Remove the sensor from the new bracket and install it to the OEM bracket Reinstall. Plug in the connector and your good to go
So I'm 33 inches from the ground to the front wheel opening and 35 inches in the rear.

I also Installed new Monroe HD Shocks front and rear. Nobody has a listing. So I made this selection after a bit of measuring.
MONROE 34656 (Heavy Duty) Gas-Magnum Info
Rear; RWD;
MONROE 34655 (Heavy Duty) Gas-Magnum Info
Front; RWD
Job done.
Now for the dead Tonneau Cover....