Lincoln Aviator Previewed

Thread starter #1

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member

Elegant Aviator SUV previews Lincoln's next act with power, technology and plug-in hybrid option.

- Aviator preview embodies Lincoln’s future as the brand moves toward a portfolio of more utilities highlighting beauty and elegance and offering Lincoln’s quietest, smoothest drive yet
- Three-row, rear-wheel-drive Aviator marks the first time Lincoln will offer a plug-in hybrid model that is capable of using its twin-turbocharged engine if needed – easing range anxiety
- Owners will be able to use their smartphone as a key when Lincoln debuts the Phone as a Key technology on the production model of Aviator, allowing clients to lock and unlock the vehicle, open its trunk and, most importantly, start and drive it – no smart key fob necessary

NEW YORK, March 28, 2018 – Aviator glides into New York this week, offering a preview of The Lincoln Motor Company’s newest vehicle along with a glimpse into the brand’s future, which is moving toward a broader portfolio of utilities and electrification in conjunction with effortless services.

As more consumers choose the spaciousness and capability of SUVs, Lincoln unveils Aviator, a distinctive three-row plug-in hybrid production preview. The “teaser” model serves to preview the direction Lincoln plans to take with its newest SUV when the production model goes on sale next year.

“The Lincoln Navigator continues to turn heads and bring new clients to the brand,” says Joy Falotico, president, The Lincoln Motor Company. “We believe Aviator’s elegant design, state-of-the-art technology and refined plug-in hybrid option will draw even more clients to the Lincoln showroom, including families who are looking for three-row capability.” Read more...

Slick Fan

Utah
Owners will be able to use their smartphone as a key when Lincoln debuts the Phone as a Key technology on the production model of Aviator, allowing clients to lock and unlock the vehicle, open its trunk and, most importantly, start and drive it – no smart key fob necessary]
This is the only idea so far that I don't care for. What happens if you accidentally break your smart phone, or drop it in the toilet while at a rest stop? With no key fob, you're pretty much stuck. :( I would want a contingency plan in this area.
Otherwise, I like what I see!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter #3

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
This is the only idea so far that I don't care for. What happens if you accidentally break your smart phone, or drop it in the toilet while at a rest stop? With no key fob, you're pretty much stuck. :( I would want a contingency plan in this area.
Otherwise, I like what I see!
They could use a good credit card sized keyfob as a backup...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML