Lincoln Forums Navigation:

LED vs HID headlights

Fasin8

Chicago
My question is two parts. First Which is a better headlight overall? Second how hard would it be to switch to the LED headlights if I have the HID adaptive headlight on now?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

I like the HID headlamps with the auto dimming since you get very good low beam coverage all the time and the high beams are on much more frequently than under manual operation. The automatic function is fast and flawless.

I have never driven a Continental with the LED headlamps, but my sales manager tried the LED headlamps in a Continental and said they are excellent, and noticeably better than the HID. I would have bought the package if it was affordable, but it is outrageous. I think the package was almost $7,000 and most of that seemed to be for the LED headlamps.

To be legal you would have to buy the Continental LED since they are validated for the car. I don't know if the bodywork around the headlamps is the same for both headlamp types since the LED headlamps give the car a different look. The price for LED headlamps from the dealer must be very high.

Good luck.

Fasin8

Chicago
Welcome to the Forum.

I like the HID headlamps with the auto dimming since you get very good low beam coverage all the time and the high beams are on much more frequently than under manual operation. The automatic function is fast and flawless.

I have never driven a Continental with the LED headlamps, but my sales manager tried the LED headlamps in a Continental and said they are excellent, and noticeably better than the HID. I would have bought the package if it was affordable, but it is outrageous. I think the package was almost $7,000 and most of that seemed to be for the LED headlamps.

To be legal you would have to buy the Continental LED since they are validated for the car. I don't know if the bodywork around the headlamps is the same for both headlamp types since the LED headlamps give the car a different look. The price for LED headlamps from the dealer must be very high.

Good luck.
I think I am going to wait until the price comes down on the LED's. They are high in price. Also Is there a different between the yellow side markers compared to them being clear on the headlights? I saw there is two different styles but don't know the difference any anything!

Be very careful what you wish for. You may get it.

Having driven with both types, I much prefer the HID over the LED. (Im talking more about the frequency bands in the visual light spectrum, not the spread of light from the reflectors).

Truth be told, I never had problems with Quartz Halogen Quartz Iodine headlights. Love them. Easy to change. Full light on the whole visual light spectrum.. (Not so with LED bulbs.)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML