LED Interior Lights

Thread starter #4

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Holding up just fine. I have a 3 year old daughter and she sometimes drops her little trinkets. Easy to find with nice bright light. I like the one you did on the side mirrors. What's the bulb?

Thread starter #6

vinaygoel2000

Houston

Sagar810

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HM8CB3L/

These specifically mention Lincoln MKT. I'll be ordering these.
Frankly all of them are the same exact thing. :) Just be sure to electrically tape off the wires well so nothing ever gets shorted. These come with Wires but the stock lights dont have any wires, they just have connectors to directly plugh them in. Also, these are cheap enough to replace when things dont work out well. They definitely light up very well. I have had them through rain and car washes. They are doing fine. People in the ford forums have had them silicone glued and made it fit even more snug but with these chinese LEDs, I feel it would be safer to have them easier to remove!

Sagar810

Holding up just fine. I have a 3 year old daughter and she sometimes drops her little trinkets. Easy to find with nice bright light. I like the one you did on the side mirrors. What's the bulb?
Where did you get your lights from? you needed total of 6? Did the light covers pry out with ease? I had a very big problem when changing on my Chrysler where the entire dome unit had to be removed!

Last edited:
Thread starter #9

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Where did you get your lights from? you needed total of 6? Did the light covers pry out with ease? I had a very big problem when changing on my Chrysler where the entire dome unit had to be removed!
I got from Amazon. Just a small flat head screwdriver is all you need to pry off the covers. I had a hard time with the 2nd row. First and third row were easy just like the license plate one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBJG49B

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079K6XCH6 (For some reason Amazon thinks this does not fit my MKT. It does.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DTD4Q3R

Sagar810

2 bulbs in 1st row, 2 in 2nd row, 1 in 3rd row, 2 for license plate.
Thanks! I will be ordering the T10 equivalent ones very soon. First will try to search at home if I have some of them lying around. I remember ordering a ton of these before when I had the Golf GTI and Audi A6 wagon. Audi was my practical and snow car, and the golf was a 290 Wheel BHP fun car.. My aim was to have 2 great cars for 10K dollars!. They did turn out to be awesome for a year but then there were many repairs pending so I got rid of both..

Sagar810

I did the lights but am seeing a problem where I cannot lock the car until the lights inside dim (with the fob or touchpad on handle). I swapped the front two lights back to stock and seems to improved. My LEDs were installed by the shop that did my headlights and it is so cold outside that I did not want to do it myself anyways. Not sure if some LED is giving a wrong signal preventing the car from locking before It switches off.

Sagar810

That’s odd. I wouldn’t think the lights would have any effect on locking the doors, considering they can be locked while they’re open.
Same thing. I am just going to see if I can narrow down, but this happend exactly after the lights inside were swapped. Once I am done driving, the lights stay on even after I close the door and I cant lock the door till they dim/shut on their own in the next 15-20 seconds.

Last edited:

Sagar810

@vinaygoel2000 still awaiting your reply on this thread. I am still seeing some anamoly on my car. Swapped the front row LEDs back to stock and now have to buy Torx screw driver to get to the second row and test. Are you able to lock and unlock your car in continuous successions and the LEDs are not causing any problem?

Swapped first and second row LEDs to back to stock bulbs. ALL WORKS. This is the first time in so many cars, I have ever seen this behavior. When summer comes, I might just try to get Phillips LEDs (expensive and less bright but better build) and see if that causes a problem.

Thread starter #19
@vinaygoel2000 still awaiting your reply on this thread. I am still seeing some anamoly on my car. Swapped the front row LEDs back to stock and now have to buy Torx screw driver to get to the second row and test. Are you able to lock and unlock your car in continuous successions and the LEDs are not causing any problem?
My puddle lights work just fine. When I installed, I did use electrical tape so the two wires dont touch each other. I can lock car normally.

My puddle lights work just fine. When I installed, I did use electrical tape so the two wires dont touch each other. I can lock car normally.
My puddle lights work fine as well. Its my interior LEDs that were causing the issue. They were not letting me lock the car with the fob or handle sensor when the lights inside were on after closing the door ( the lights take a while to auto shut if you dont lock the car).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML