Latest update 3.4?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

joeb427

I'm updating the NAV and see I'm at 3.4. I assume that's the latest update. My phone app Lincoln Way message was there was an update for my Corsair but running the auto update says it's up to date and Lincoln Owners site after adding my VIN# also says up to date.

bbf2530

I'm updating the NAV and see I'm at 3.4. I assume that's the latest update. My phone app Lincoln Way message was there was an update for my Corsair but running the auto update says it's up to date and Lincoln Owners site after adding my VIN# also says up to date.
Hi joe. SYNC v3.4.xxxxx is your SYNC version, not your NAV version. SYNC updates and NAV map updates are obtained from two different websites.

The NAV map website is here: Lincoln - Sync3 Map Update

Your NAV version will likely be either "NA 2 18", "NA 2 19" or "NA 2 20".

NA 2 20 is the latest maps version.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

joeb427

Hi joe. SYNC v3.4.xxxxx is your SYNC version, not your NAV version. SYNC updates and NAV map updates are obtained from two different websites.

The NAV map website is here: Lincoln - Sync3 Map Update

Your NAV version will likely be either "NA 2 18", "NA 2 19" or "NA 2 20".

NA 2 20 is the latest maps version.

Thanks on the 3.4. The phone had me wondering. Yes, the new map update I downloaded is the 2 20 and it did show the 2 20. I did have the 2 19.

yjingjeff

I had the same problem. Lincoln Way and VIN check says update is available, but the update check on the terminal says my software is up to date. That's not right, because my version is 20210 and the current version published is 21194. Why SYNC3 could not correctly compare the two versions?

joeb427

I had the same problem. Lincoln Way and VIN check says update is available, but the update check on the terminal says my software is up to date. That's not right, because my version is 20210 and the current version published is 21194. Why SYNC3 could not correctly compare the two versions?
Mine is 20282

bbf2530

Hi yjing. When you state "update check on the terminal", are you referring to the SYNC 3 screen in your vehicle as the "terminal"?

Here is my recommendation: Download the available update from the Lincoln SYNC 3 update website, then follow the detailed instructions to load it onto a USB Flash drive and manually install it on your vehicle.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Here is the link to check for SYNC updates for your vehicle. You need the VIN in order to process it.

Follow all of the instructions as written. Don't skip any steps and make certain once you have updated SYNC in your vehicle you plug the USB drive back into your computer to upload the data from your update to the SYNC website. It will confirm your update was done correctly.

Keep in mind, SYNC updates are not rolled out to everyone at the same time. This is to keep from overwhelming the system when a new update is issued. My understanding there will be a new update coming out early 2022.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Here is the link to check for SYNC updates for your vehicle. You need the VIN in order to process it.

Follow all of the instructions as written. Don't skip any steps and make certain once you have updated SYNC in your vehicle you plug the USB drive back into your computer to upload the data from your update to the SYNC website. It will confirm your update was done correctly.

Keep in mind, SYNC updates are not rolled out to everyone at the same time. This is to keep from overwhelming the system when a new update is issued. My understanding there will be a new update coming out early 2022.

The site, for a couple months now, has said I am up to date with a not up to date version, 21098. We all know 21194 is the current version, and that is what is in my vehicle, but the site says I have 21098. Nonetheless, it should tell me that I have 21194 available to update to since that is the current version.

So, there is a disconnect on that site, unfortunately.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
The site, for a couple months now, has said I am up to date with a not up to date version, 21098. We all know 21194 is the current version, and that is what is in my vehicle, but the site says I have 21098. Nonetheless, it should tell me that I have 21194 available to update to since that is the current version.

So, there is a disconnect on that site, unfortunately.

yjingjeff

Thanks bbf2530 ...yes for terminal what I meant is from SYNC3 software update. I know the other option is to update via USB. But I heard from other links there might be other issues with the new version...so I am hesitated. The only issue with my current version is an on-and-off problem with Sirus Radio.

joeb427

I have a 9/21 build and the update is 20282 and the Lincoln owner's site comes up with this when I add my VIN# to see if there are any updates, I get this.

Your SYNC system (null) is up to date

My number is a lot lower than the others posted here.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
But, that isn't the case with what I said.

My vehicle, a 2020, has 21104 installed. The site thinks I have 21098, the outdated version, installed. If pit thinks that, but we know that 21194 was and is available for my 202, why would it not now say I need to install that when I was offered 21194 when it came out? See what I mean? It's screwed up. So, someone who doesn't know any better, checks with their VIN and says oh okay I guess I'm good to go with 21098.

I realize this is a Corsair/MKC thread, but what I am saying applies here because other owners could be given incorrect info as to what is up to date.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
But, that isn't the case with what I said.

My vehicle, a 2020, has 21104 installed. The site thinks I have 21098, the outdated version, installed. If pit thinks that, but we know that 21194 was and is available for my 202, why would it not now say I need to install that when I was offered 21194 when it came out? See what I mean? It's screwed up. So, someone who doesn't know any better, checks with their VIN and says oh okay I guess I'm good to go with 21098.

I realize this is a Corsair/MKC thread, but what I am saying applies here because other owners could be given incorrect info as to what is up to date.
My bad! I do have one question. When you updated to 21194 did you take the final step and plug your USB back into your computer and upload the installation files back to the SYNC website? If not, this may be why you're showing 21194 is still available.

Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
My bad! I do have one question. When yo updated to 21194 did you take the final step and plug your USB back into your computer and upload the installation files back to the SYNC website? If not, this may be why you're showing 21194 is still available.
I could not extract that file to report the update. To clarify, it shows me up to date with 21098. Even though it previously offered 21194 and I installed, it no longer offers it.

Clear as mud? Lol

Doing the Sync 3 update for the first time on my Corsair. Since on the topic, I know the vehicle does not need to be running (engine on) but do you guys know if I have to have the car in Full Accessory mode during the download? I have the Corsair packed in my garage to catch good wifi signal but the progress bar is moving slowly so its going to take a while. I just dont want the battery being affected. Can the card be completely off? Or does it need to stay in accessory mode while downloading? Thanks.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Doing the Sync 3 update for the first time on my Corsair. Since on the topic, I know the vehicle does not need to be running (engine on) but do you guys know if I have to have the car in Full Accessory mode during the download? I have the Corsair packed in my garage to catch good wifi signal but the progress bar is moving slowly so its going to take a while. I just dont want the battery being affected. Can the card be completely off? Or does it need to stay in accessory mode while downloading? Thanks.
Where do you see that the engine does not need to be running? I believe that is why they say to be in a well ventilated area and turn off the automatic engine shut off feature.

bbf2530

Hi juscorsair. For a SYNC 3 update via WiFi, the vehicle must simply be connected to a strong WiFi network signal. It will download via WiFi while running and for up to 30 minutes after the engine/ignition are turned off. Do not leave the vehicle in accessory mode. Just let it update in its own time at its own pace.

Yes, the progress bar will move slowly. WiFi updates take some time, so just be sure it is connected to a strong WiFi network signal and let the vehicle systems do the rest.
It will notify you if it is downloading an update and when the update is finished. It is basically a set it and forget it system.

And just an FYI to avoid confusion for others: Manual SYNC 3 updates via USB require the engine to be running the entire time.

Hi juscorsair. For a SYNC 3 update via WiFi, the vehicle must simply be connected to a strong WiFi network signal. It will download via WiFi while running and for up to 30 minutes after the engine/ignition are turned off. Do not leave the vehicle in accessory mode. Just let it update in its own time at its own pace.

Yes, the progress bar will move slowly. WiFi updates take some time, so just be sure it is connected to a strong WiFi network signal and let the vehicle systems do the rest.
It will notify you if it is downloading an update and when the update is finished. It is basically a set it and forget it system.

And just an FYI to avoid confusion for others: Manual SYNC 3 updates via USB require the engine to be running the entire time.

Great thanks. That's helpful. I will turn off accessory mode and let it continue downloading.