Lane departure sensor & high beam sensor

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

gcoutts

On my 2016 MKX all of the sudden I have 2 problems and am wondering if they are related. My lane departure sensor doesn't work (or even show the typical lanes lines on the dash) AND my sensor to automatically turn off the high beams doesn't work. Any chance these 2 items share a sensor or electrical circuit? Whether they are related or not, any ideas how to trouble shoot or fix? I am not sure where these sensors are located on the car. Thanks.

C Krohn

Fort Worth, TX
They may be related since they are both engaged/disengaged from the turn signal switch. You don't say how long you've had your MKX, or how familiar you are with it. The lane departure sensor switch is in the end of the turn signal switch, and I have had a problem with accidentally turning it off. Also, you may have accidentally turned your high beams "on".

gcoutts

They may be related since they are both engaged/disengaged from the turn signal switch. You don't say how long you've had your MKX, or how familiar you are with it. The lane departure sensor switch is in the end of the turn signal switch, and I have had a problem with accidentally turning it off. Also, you may have accidentally turned your high beams "on".
Thanks C Krohn. Have had the MKX almost 3 years. The button at the end of the turn signal switch doesn't engage the lane departure feature anymore. I assumed it was a sensor problem but maybe there is an issue with the switch itself.