Lane Centering

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Bullwinkle

Is anyone having trouble with the lane cantering. Mine is like a boat, going dangerously close to the centre line then over correcting towards the shoulder and then back again before settling.

tgara

Is anyone having trouble with the lane cantering. Mine is like a boat, going dangerously close to the centre line then over correcting towards the shoulder and then back again before settling.
Not sure where you are, but have you checked the front camera to make sure it's not obscured with dirt or other debris? The car uses the camera to tell where the lane center is, so if it is obstructed (as happens in wet or snowy weather), that could be your problem.

Bullwinkle

No issues with the camera. I tried it out right after I picked it up from the dealership. The car was clean. Thanks for responding.

tgara

No issues with the camera. I tried it out right after I picked it up from the dealership. The car was clean. Thanks for responding.
OK. It may just be how the camera is seeing and interpreting the particular road and edges. Does it do it all the time, or only on selected roads?

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
I keep my h

ands on the wheel, of course. I am wanting to see how well it holds the centre. So far, it struggles.

Mine only does anything when I get to close to side or center lines, it is not constantly turning the wheel so it "wanders" back and forth across the lane. Steering wheel will vibrate and it gently will nudge the wheel. Sounds like yours is over compensating if it is truly zig zagging back and forth in the lane.

Bullwinkle

Mine only does anything when I get to close to side or center lines, it is not constantly turning the wheel so it "wanders" back and forth across the lane. Steering wheel will vibrate and it gently will nudge the wheel. Sounds like yours is over compensating if it is truly zig zagging back and forth in the lane.
For sure. I talked to the service manager and he didn’t think there was anything they could do. When I get my first oil change, they will look into it. If they can’t improve it, I’ll contact the concierge.

bbf2530

2022 Nautilus. One week old.

Hi Bullwinkle. Blind Internet diagnosis/opinion (which is worth exactly what was paid for it;)): I feel your "Lane-Keeping system" (Lincoln's description), which is part of the "LINCOLN CO-PILOT360" system may be working as designed. It is less a "Lane Centering" system than a system meant to keep the car inside the lines, instead of leaving the lane due to an inattentive driver.
So keeping the vehicle centered in the lane is still mainly up to the driver.

Of course, that is a blind Internet diagnosis. So having it checked when you have your Nautilus in for service is a good idea.

In the meantime...you could stop by your Lincoln Dealer and take a test drive in another Nautilus in order to see how the "Lane-Keeping system" works in another Nautilus as compared to yours.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Bullwinkle

Hi Bullwinkle. Blind Internet diagnosis/opinion (which is worth exactly what was paid for it;)): I feel your "Lane-Keeping system" (Lincoln's description), which is part of the "LINCOLN CO-PILOT360" system may be working as designed. It is less a "Lane Centering" system than a system meant to keep the car inside the lines, instead of leaving the lane due to an inattentive driver.
So keeping the vehicle centered in the lane is still mainly up to the driver.

Of course, that is a blind Internet diagnosis. So having it checked when you have your Nautilus in for service is a good idea.

In the meantime...you could stop by your Lincoln Dealer and take a test drive in another Nautilus in order to see how the "Lane-Keeping system" works in another Nautilus as compared to yours.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thanks for your input. My neighbour has the same vehicle as I have. I’ll ask him if he has tried it.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
If the vehicle is 'wandering' as you described, it sounds more like you are using 'Lane Keeping' than 'Lane Centering'.

Peter

Bullwinkle

Correction, yes, that appears to be Lane Centering. Lane Keeping is activated by pressing the button on the end of the turn signal stalk.
I just bought up the 2021 Nautilus Manual and checked it out. Not sure which year you have but they should be the same.

Peter
2022. It was supposed to go in today to see if it could be recalibrated. Had to cancel because of snow.

Bullwinkle

Where I am we got over a foot of snow and it is still coming down. What a time for my snowblower to stop working.:eek:
Good luck and please report back. Thanks.

Peter
We were supposed to get it but bypassed my area. Unfortunately , where I had to take the car, had snow. I haven’t had to use the snowblower yet. I can live without using it. Stay safe and healthy.