Keypad entry code

Manuelb

I just bought a Lincoln MKT 2018 and the previous owner forgot the code for the keyless entry keypad. Can anyone tell me where in the car is the keypad code located for the 2018 Lincoln MKT?

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
If it's not on a credit card sized card in your owner's manual, you'll have to go to a dealer to have it retrieved. Once you have it, you can create a new additional code in Sync settings. Either will work when done. That's what I had to do. My dealer charged $50 to retrieve it (1/2 hour labor).

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I think the OP will get stuck at Step 1 unless he can find the factory code in the owner's manual in a card as redgemini said.

andrewjneis

I just had this same issue - $99 asking from the dealership, a real ripoff. You can easily find it yourself - the code is underneath the steering wheel on the Smart Junction Box. There is a cover above the gas & brake pedals, with one hex screw on the right side and one plastic retainer on the left side. Pop both off, remove the cover and shine a flashlight down there. There will be a white sticker with the code written on it. It may end in a letter, just ignore the letter and copy down the 5 digits you see. Replace your cover and you're good to go. Should take you all of 2 minutes to do (most of the time spent trying to pop off those stupid plastic retainers)

Easy! Dealership is profiting the full $99 from you if you take it to them.

Rhino55

I just had this same issue - $99 asking from the dealership, a real ripoff. You can easily find it yourself - the code is underneath the steering wheel on the Smart Junction Box. There is a cover above the gas & brake pedals, with one hex screw on the right side and one plastic retainer on the left side. Pop both off, remove the cover and shine a flashlight down there. There will be a white sticker with the code written on it. It may end in a letter, just ignore the letter and copy down the 5 digits you see. Replace your cover and you're good to go. Should take you all of 2 minutes to do (most of the time spent trying to pop off those stupid plastic retainers)

Do u really need this anyway? If u have your fob on u u can gain entry anyway??

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Do u really need this anyway? If u have your fob on u u can gain entry anyway??
I never thought I'd use it. However... since I only have one fob for mine, using the keypad has been more of a precautionary thing. My mom locked herself out of her MKX while at a store one time. She opened the hatch before unlocking the doors, put something in the rear, and didn't realize her keys also landed in the hatch. After closing the hatch is when she had that "oh, sh*t!" moment. Luckily, she had a 2nd fob at home, but she made sure to memorize the code after that.

I do occasionally use mine. If I have to go out to the car to get something, and don't have my keys on me, I use the code. Also, if the key fob flakes out (dead battery etc.), you can still get in, and start the car. Yes, you could use the key to get in, but most people forget the key is even part of the fob, or they don't even know it exists.

Rhino55

Do u really need this anyway? If u have your fob on u u can gain entry anyway
I never thought I'd use it. However... since I only have one fob for mine, using the keypad has been more of a precautionary thing. My mom locked herself out of her MKX while at a store one time. She opened the hatch before unlocking the doors, put something in the rear, and didn't realize her keys also landed in the hatch. After closing the hatch is when she had that "oh, sh*t!" moment. Luckily, she had a 2nd fob at home, but she made sure to memorize the code after that.

I do occasionally use mine. If I have to go out to the car to get something, and don't have my keys on me, I use the code. Also, if the key fob flakes out (dead battery etc.), you can still get in, and start the car. Yes, you could use the key to get in, but most people forget the key is even part of the fob, or they don't even know it exists.
Tks for getting back😊👍 happy new year to u and your family🎉

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Thanks for the video.

Just a heads up: it's not a "Mark T." The last "Mark" branding was for the Mark LT (truck - F-150 rebadged), since the departed Mark VIII. All letters are capital - MKT, just as the MKS, MKZ, MKX and MKC.

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
If you look at the rear of your MKt, you will see what LOOKS like MKt, where the 't' looks like italic.
The letter 't' stands for touring. What the MK stands for is anyone's guess.

In any case, Lincoln was never, sadly, proud of it. They never promoted it.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
The last letter of all MK models was larger and italicized with extra space between the MK and last letter to differentiate them. MK T, MK S, MK X, MK C, MK Z. The MK probably, initially, stood for Mark. What most of the third letters stood for is anyone's guess.