Keyless Entry

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

fed up old guy

The keyless entry would not work on my 2003 Town Car. After checking a number of things, including seeing someone else with the same problem, I decided that my DDM module was bad. I was able to find a replacement module, and installed it. It had the exact same number as the old one. It did not work. After reading my shop manual and trying many things, I found out that it has to be reprogramed using either a Worldwide Diagnostic System 418-F224 or a New Generation STAR Tester 418-F052. I am trying to find a repair shop that has this test unit to get the new module reprogrammed. Does anyone know of an auto repair shop near Riverside, CA that may have this piece of test equipment?

fed up old guy

Tried a dealer?
We don't have a Lincoln dealer in town anymore, but I tried Ford dealer and they won't even look at a car over 10 years old. The closest dealer is 35 miles away. Thought I'd try to find a good shop first. Thanks for responding.

Jaskim06

Can it be program with Forscan and built as it information?
According to the old post yes it can. Some early late 90s, early 2000s. Are swappable with same options. Newer ones gotta be programmed with forscan. Still waiting on my laptop. I got my cord. That was 19.99 to go from laptop to obd2.

fed up old guy

For anyone that read my first post, I thought I would give an update/status report. I found a nearby Ford dealer that said they could program the new DDM. I took the car in, and they tried but said their equipment could not communicate with the new DDM. According to the place where I bought the new DDM it was actually a new unit, with the exact part number of my old unit. It was also functionally tested on a 2004 Town Car. Although the symptoms caused me to think my problem was the DDM, now I'm not sure it was. My original problem was that my key fob did not work, my keypad did not work, my inside door lock didn't work, my inside trunk release didn't work, and my automatic door lock when the car was moving didn't work. This duplicated someone who had posted a note with the same problem, and a new DDM fixed it. That is why I thought it was the DDM. The Ford dealer who couldn't program the DDM suggested that I have a complete diagnostic test run to verify that it is, in fact, the DDM. Since I'm on fixed income, and don't have a lot of money not accounted for, I have not pursued this avenue.
If anyone else has had a similar keyless entry problem, and got it resolved, I would sure like to hear how it was fixed.

Jaskim06

I'm sorry I can't answer that question. I am going by the Lincoln Workshop Manual, and it just lists the two testers that I posted.
Forscan will do it. If you can reach out to somebody who has it. It's free you just need the cable from USB to obd2. 10-30$. I'm waiting on PC parts. I have it I just don't have the PC to look it up for you, but where I downloaded it says it does program modules.

fed up old guy

Forscan will do it. If you can reach out to somebody who has it. It's free you just need the cable from USB to obd2. 10-30$. I'm waiting on PC parts. I have it I just don't have the PC to look it up for you, but where I downloaded it says it does program modules.
Thanks. My friend and I have been investigating Forscan, but we didn't see where it would program modules. I'll go back on the site, and see if I can find what you found. Hope you get yours up and running soon. It would be a very reasonable cost fix for me if it works out.