Key FOB opens windows/sunroof?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

theStever

Overnight my front windows and the sunroof were opened (2009 MKS). I did not leave them open (its January and cold). Has this happened to anyone else? By the way, nothing was taken from the interior which leads me to believe that this wasn't a case of thieves using their electronics to detect the correct codes and then getting scared off by the neighbor's cat or whatever. To my knowledge there is no way to press the FOB to create this result.

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
Oh, but there is! YOU did it. :)

From MY owners manual (yours may be different, but I doubt it)

Global open windows
You can open the vehicle’s windows by using the control on the remote transmitter.
Press and hold the control on the transmitter to begin to open the windows. For the transmitter, pressing either the or control on the transmitter will stop all motion.
Note: The ignition must be off and the accessory delay feature must not be activated in order for this feature to operate.

Rongold

Yes, holding the unlock button on your fob for about 2 seconds will cause all windows & sunroof to open. Holding the lock button will close everything. Why only your front windows were open is a mystery---It should have been all 4. That's the way it works on my 14 & 15 MKS's.

G-688199

Interesting, to say the least. Thank you.

bbf2530

Yes, holding the unlock button on your fob for about 2 seconds will cause all windows & sunroof to open. Holding the lock button will close everything. Why only your front windows were open is a mystery---It should have been all 4. That's the way it works on my 14 & 15 MKS's.

Hi Rongold. I am not sure what the OP's 2009 MKS was equipped with, but it is entirely possible it was equipped differently than your 2014 and 2015. Some earlier model year Lincolns had "Global Open" consisting only of the front windows and moonroof (if equipped), not the rear windows. And it did not close them. That is Global Open/Close.

Good luck.

DBrown201

Hi, have you ever had the sunroof not close? My w8ndows close but not the sunroof. My button in my car won’t close the sunroof either!