Kentucky Plant Layoffs?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
On a Facebook Navigator/Expedition group, I had mentioned ordering my 2022 Nav and being higher priority. Someone replied with this:

"judging by how we've been running it'll probably be a while til you get it. Our whole exp/nav department is laid off this week and I wouldn't be surprised if we get laid off more in the future. The super duties are priority #1 since they're the biggest money maker. Luckily my plant is the last one they lay off since it makes the most profit of any other plants so the exp/nav should be built sooner than other models built at different plants."

Anyone here on the forum able top confirm or deny this? There seems to be a high demand and backlog fro these trucks, so why would they be laying off?

tgara

On a Facebook Navigator/Expedition group, I had mentioned ordering my 2022 Nav and being higher priority. Someone replied with this:

"judging by how we've been running it'll probably be a while til you get it. Our whole exp/nav department is laid off this week and I wouldn't be surprised if we get laid off more in the future. The super duties are priority #1 since they're the biggest money maker. Luckily my plant is the last one they lay off since it makes the most profit of any other plants so the exp/nav should be built sooner than other models built at different plants."

Anyone here on the forum able top confirm or deny this? There seems to be a high demand and backlog fro these trucks, so why would they be laying off?
Did Ford enact a vaccine mandate at the Kentucky plant? Maybe employees are being laid off because they are not vaccinated? Better than being outright fired, like some people have been over this issue.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Did Ford enact a vaccine mandate at the Kentucky plant? Maybe employees are being laid off because they are not vaccinated? Better than being outright fired, like some people have been over this issue.
Oh, that could be, I don't know. I asked the guy why this is happening and he hasn't replied yet. Sadly, I didn't think of that ridiculous possibility.

Voidoid

Oh, that could be, I don't know. I asked the guy why this is happening and he hasn't replied yet. Sadly, I didn't think of that ridiculous possibility.
Alternately, was the Facebook poster using "laid off" to describe a temporary shutdown? They say "Our whole exp/nav department is laid off this week and I wouldn't be surprised if we get laid off more in the future" which contextually sounds like they are not working this week, rather than permanently laid off.

Per the scheduling notes from Blue Oval, neither the Expedition or Navigator have builds scheduled this week.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Alternately, was the Facebook poster using "laid off" to describe a temporary shutdown? They say "Our whole exp/nav department is laid off this week and I wouldn't be surprised if we get laid off more in the future" which contextually sounds like they are not working this week, rather than permanently laid off.

Per the scheduling notes from Blue Oval, neither the Expedition or Navigator have builds scheduled this week.
I have no idea as I have had no reply from that person.

I'm on BOF, too. I had not seen that production schedule. I did make a comment about this on one of the threads over there, but, frankly, I don't think most of them give a crap about Lincoln.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
The guy just replied:

parts shortages are the issue right now. Well get enough in to run for. Few weeks to a few months then we'll run out of something and be laid off for a bit. Been dealing with off and on. Layoffs for over a year now

Vics 2021 Navigator L

SUPPORTING MEMBER
South Holland
The guy just replied:

parts shortages are the issue right now. Well get enough in to run for. Few weeks to a few months then we'll run out of something and be laid off for a bit. Been dealing with off and on. Layoffs for over a year now
I worked for Ford for 21 years and Ive seen my share of layoffs back in 2004 they laid us off for 3 months 2005-2007 we got laid off all the time work one week and be laid off for 2-3 weeks! Nothing new Ford is going after their money maker!Im real lucky that I have a friends at the dealership that got me my new 2021 Lincoln Black Label L and got it for a-plan!

Vics 2021 Navigator L

SUPPORTING MEMBER
South Holland
I have no idea as I have had no reply from that person.

I'm on BOF, too. I had not seen that production schedule. I did make a comment about this on one of the threads over there, but, frankly, I don't think most of them give a crap about Lincoln.
.Yes your right Lincoln is a low volume sales there looking to the super duty truck out because thats where the money is although the Navigator has a high profit margin it does not have the volume.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
.Yes your right Lincoln is a low volume sales there looking to the super duty truck out because thats where the money is although the Navigator has a high profit margin it does not have the volume.
I was just meaning on Blue Oval Forum, Lincoln topics are met with very little interest and replies.

Cadillac still selling plenty of their ugly Escalades and better looking Denalis. I also more and more Nav on the road, which is nice.