Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Just ordered new 2018.9 Lincoln MKX 3.7L Black Label AWD today...

waltcmusic

After several months of lengthy speculation and meticulous planning, I successfully placed my new 2018.9 MKX order today. Here are the fine details:

Trim: Black Label

Exterior color: Chroma Couture Dark Brown ($1,750)

Theme: Indulgence

Engine: 3.7L V6

Drivetrain: AWD

Options I got: Driver Assistance Package ($2,250), Technology Package ($1,395), Cargo Utility Package ($365), Enhanced Security Package ($60), Satin Roof Rack Side Rails ($195), Ultra Comfort Front 22-way Seats with massage ($1,500)

Options I didn't get: 2.7L V6 twin-turbo engine ($2,000), Trailer Tow Package ($645), Cargo Accessories Package ($175), 21-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels ($1,300), All-Weather Floor Mats ($120), Dual-DVD Headrest Entertainment System ($1,995)

I've decided to go for dark brown exterior color because it's already discontinued and being replaced to dark red or light blue for 2019 Nautilus with new Gala theme, plus I don't like red-color seats. I also have the ability to charge this 2018.9 MKX at 2019 Nautilus used KBB price by private-party in case a buyer doesn't like 2.0L I4 turbo, 8-speed transmission (maybe harder-shift), Gala theme, Chroma red paint, front-grille look, or Nautilus sounding name.

Can't wait for my new ride...

waltcmusic

My concierge service manager, Karen Trager, stated it will arrive to my local Lincoln dealer within July 15-20 timeframe. What's your recommendation for me to ensure successful delivery?

waltcmusic

Adaptive steering is now standard in all Nautilus trims, according to this YouTube video:

See the white board description and pause it for first 2 seconds of video. Is this accurate? Chroma copper color still continues, while chroma brown is discontinued after 2018 MKX.

waltcmusic

When 2011 Lincoln MKX first came out with 3.7L, it had best-in-class horsepower and fuel economy, 19 city 26 hwy. Curb weight remains the same with 2018 MKX today. How did MPG drop?

https://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/08/2011-lincoln-mkx-gets-best-in-class-mileage-19-26-mpg-with-v6/

• The 2011 Lincoln MKX boasts best-in-class 305 horsepower – 40 more than the outgoing product – versus all V6 competitors with best-in-class fuel economy of any luxury midsize crossover, delivering 19 mpg in city driving and 26 mpg on the highway
  • The new 3.7-liter V6 employs several fuel-efficient strategies that also improve performance, including twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT), aggressive deceleration fuel shutoff and battery management

"Aggressive deceleration fuel shutoff" is what I plan to do the most.

waltcmusic

• Advanced technology: New for 2011 is twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT), which allows on-the-fly adjustment to the engine’s airflow for maximum efficiency. This leads to better fuel economy – approximately a 3 to 4 percent improvement from this strategy alone.
  • New engine hardware: The 3.7-liter V6 adds piston-cooling jets and polished valvetrain buckets and combines them with an improved intake manifold and cylinder head with increased port flow to optimize the system as a whole. The piston-cooling jets spray oil on the underside of the pistons and enable faster oil warm-up and a higher compression ratio. The polished valvetrain buckets reduce friction, which in turn aids fuel economy and also improves durability (wear) of the cam and bucket tappet. The improved intake manifold and cylinder head optimizes engine airflow.
  • Lower idle speed: Engine idle speed was reduced from 620 to 600 rpm to save fuel.
  • Aerodynamic optimizations: Underbody shielding and tire spoilers were added to help create a more efficient aerodynamic shape. Also, the grille openings were optimized to reduce excess airflow to the engine compartment, thus reducing drag.
  • Fuel shutoff: The 2011 MKX employs an aggressive deceleration fuel shutoff control system, which shuts off the engine when the customer doesn’t command engine torque – such as decelerating at freeway speeds.
  • Variable-displacement steering pump: Unlike a conventional hydraulic pump, which draws constant power from the engine whenever it is running, this system varies the amount of steering assist based on engine speed, anticipating the driver’s need for steering assist.
  • Battery management system: The new MKX also uses smart charging. Normally the alternator continuously charges the battery, which wastes energy. Smart charging increases the alternator output when braking or decelerating, converting the vehicle’s motion energy into electric energy without using additional fuel. The recovered energy then goes to recharge the battery so that it can be used later.
  • Electrical load shedding: This new feature shuts off devices if they are left on with the key in the accessory position. This saves battery life and keeps the battery from going dead, aiding reliable starts.
  • Reliable starts: The one-touch starting in the 2011 MKX enables starts of around seven-tenths of a second with precise fuel delivery for maximum fuel economy and minimal emissions.
  • New tires: The 2011 MKX adds next-generation 18-inch tires. Just as the new powertrain produces increased power and better fuel economy, the new tires have been engineered to provide better performance and grip while also increasing fuel economy through improved construction and compound.

waltcmusic

https://shop.lincoln...how-bp#/select/

Changes in new 2019 Nautilus Black Label vs. 2018 MKX Black Label:

• 2.0L I4 turbo replaces 3.7L V6
  • Auto start-stop feature now included
  • Chroma Brown ($1,750) replaces to Ochre Brown
  • Enhanced Security Package now standard
  • Pre-collision assist and lane-keeping assist now standard
  • New collision mitigation system safety optional
  • 21" wheels now standard
  • Due to lack of 20" wheels standard, active grille shutter discontinued
  • Gala theme replaces Indulgence theme, Chalet theme replaces Modern Heritage
  • Rhapsody Blue only available with Chalet theme
  • Infinite Black replaces Black Velvet

Better or worse? I'll let you debate. To me, the new 2019 Nautilus looks kind of "meh..." so far.

Last edited:

waltcmusic

If you own 2016 MKX and newer with 3.7L, which speed kicks out of 6th gear back into 5th gear when you stop the vehicle slowly? Is it 45, 44, 43, 42, 41, or 40 mph? Definitely one of these mph speed.

Last edited:
If you own 2016 MKX and newer with 3.7L, which speed kicks out of 6th gear back into 5th gear when you stop the vehicle slowly? Is it 45, 44, 43, 42, 41, or 40 mph? Definitely one of these MPH speed.

Looks like it will arrive near August month timeframe instead, from my salesman.

"Your MKX is due at our dealership in 1 -2 weeks, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you should have any questions in the meantime…I will keep you posted as information is made available to me. Thank you for your patience, enjoy your evening!"

waltcmusic

My new 2018.9 MKX Black Label just arrived at my Lincoln dealer, but I'm not ready to take delivery yet until September. I told the dealer I'm away on vacation for this whole month. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML