Jerky At Slow Speeds.

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

jfed1180

My Nautilus 2.0 FWD is very difficult to operate smoothly at low speeds, such as parking lots or ceeping traffic. My dealer did an update on the transmission to address bumpy downshifts, which helped a bit. Still, slow driving is jerky most of the time as you try to vary the speed. Just can't seem to smoothly give it a little more throttle.
Anyone else noticing this, or any ideas what to get checked by the dealer?

bbf2530

My Nautilus 2.0 FWD is very difficult to operate smoothly at low speeds, such as parking lots or ceeping traffic. My dealer did an update on the transmission to address bumpy downshifts, which helped a bit. Still, slow driving is jerky most of the time as you try to vary the speed. Just can't seem to smoothly give it a little more throttle.

Hi jfed. If you feel there is still a problem, your best course of action is to let your Dealers Service Department know there is still an issue and make another appointment to check it again. When you bring your Nautilus in, son't just hand them the keys or drop it off. Ask them to send someone for a ride with you so you can show them what is wrong. Be sure they acknowledge feeling what you are describing.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Mln

I have the 2.0 AWD. You can feel it shifting up and when you slow down to stop you can feel it shifting down. I’ve only had this car two weeks not even 200 miles on it, I will wait a little more and then I will take it in but it’s frustrating that a car that cost this much money drives like that.

mipadoc

I have a 2019 Nautilus and do notice a little jerkiness at low speeds (<25mph) when leaving from a cold start with a/c on. it smoothes out once the engine is warm and/or a/c has caught up. I have been playing with a/c off to see if there is a difference.

Jrobarge

I have a 2010 Navigator L, same issues you speak of with your vehicle. Only because my Nav is much bigger and larger V8 engine, the sudden “ jerk” from a low speed and sudden shift up higher is nearly a snap action which I can hear put a lot of torque to the drive shaft Universal.
Not a pleasant feeling at all, and I would suspect at some point will be detrimental
to the drive train.

Harris

I have the same problem - 2019 Nautilus. Had new software installed but still has a problem

Jim5506

New software was the wrong fix. the fuel and transmission computer parameters need adjusting. A mechanic who knows his stuff can fix it.

louviscomi

My 2019 Nautilus 2.0 surges slightly between 20 and 40 MPH. I can see it on the tach most of the time, so driving in the city and starting from a light is aggravating. It was reprogrammed last week, to no avail. It wasn't this way till over one year old.

Last edited:

Astroboy55

Does it do it at idle as well once you come to a stop with both seat heaters on? Had a transmission leak on mine that was causing a air leak that resulted in a blippy tach. Progressively got worse before they identified the problem.

Cekkk

A month or two ago I purchased a 2020 Corsair Reserve with 9800 miles on it. I almost immediately was stricken by the transmission at low speed on slow acceleration as well as slowing down and feeling it down shift all the way to low, I guess you would call it. I'm thinking about trading it next year for a Nautilus. That is why I'm in this forum, trying to avoid some mistakes I made on the Corsair. I'm a little disappointed that's so many bells and whistles are missing on this supposedly luxury grade vehicle. So forgive me if I pop in with other posts and new threads now and then that are more related to the Corsair than the Nautilus, but I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake twice.

sgracie

I test drove a 2021 Corsair last night. At less than 20 mph it jerks. Rather un-nerving. I loved the car but don't trust this issue I am seeing. It kind of smoothed out as I got into about 15 minutes of test driving it (just around the dealer parking lots). But for that kind of $$ I have decided against the car due to this. Too bad because my checklist of wants was more than met with this car. I have, over the past two weeks, test driven a lot of cars and NONE did this at lower speeds. No matter the speeds, even low under 10 mph, the ride was smooth.

dstrickland249

I test drove a 2021 Corsair last night. At less than 20 mph it jerks. Rather un-nerving. I loved the car but don't trust this issue I am seeing. It kind of smoothed out as I got into about 15 minutes of test driving it (just around the dealer parking lots). But for that kind of $$ I have decided against the car due to this. Too bad because my checklist of wants was more than met with this car. I have, over the past two weeks, test driven a lot of cars and NONE did this at lower speeds. No matter the speeds, even low under 10 mph, the ride was smooth.
My 2021 Corsair is doing the same thing. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer for the fix.

Takeapic

Grand Rapids, Mi
My 2021 2.7 Reserve 2 Nautilus 1500 miles is also jerking at slow speed and sometimes during the down shift. I will inform my dealership of this but am disappointed at how widespread the problem is in the Lincoln community. I will be following this thread for what might be a solution.

Cekkk

I have the 2.0 AWD. You can feel it shifting up and when you slow down to stop you can feel it shifting down. I’ve only had this car two weeks not even 200 miles on it, I will wait a little more and then I will take it in but it’s frustrating that a car that cost this much money drives like that.
I'm afraid that's a characteristic of your "luxury" vehicle. That along with a fee other features that you would expect to find on a Ford Edge.

Al L

One of the Nautilus I tested did have that same problem in 2019. I ordered the 6-cyl and have never had the problem

eddyec

My 2021 Nautilus has been having the same issue. Decided the last few days to turn off the auto start/stop feature and the problem has gone away. I have an appointment Wednesday to check out the issue, so we will see if this will be an easy fix.

Takeapic

Grand Rapids, Mi
My 2021 Nautilus has been having the same issue. Decided the last few days to turn off the auto start/stop feature and the problem has gone away. I have an appointment Wednesday to check out the issue, so we will see if this will be an easy fix.
Following. I’m curious to hear if there is a fix for this issue.