Is there a way to reboot the infotainment system?

petarian

Often my GPS navigation system gets lost. It displays my current location incorrectly, making it appear as if I am driving through a nearby lake. The problem gets fixed if I stop the car, turn it off, and back on. Going through this cycle is very inconvinient.

I have a Tesla that can reboot the infotainment system while in motion. I am wondering if this is possible in Lincoln.

bbf2530

Often my GPS navigation system gets lost. It displays my current location incorrectly, making it appear as if I am driving through a nearby lake. The problem gets fixed if I stop the car, turn it off, and back on. Going through this cycle is very inconvinient.

I have a Tesla that can reboot the infotainment system while in motion. I am wondering if this is possible in Lincoln.

Hi petarian. The SYNC reset procedure for your particular model year Navigator is listed in your Owners Manual.

If you do not have the hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

petarian

Possible by pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery for a bit.
Thanks for your reply. Disconnecting the battery is more inconvenient than restarting the car. In Tesla, I could hold two buttons on my steering wheel simultaneously to reboot the infotainment system. I wonder if a similar method exists in Lincoln.

petarian

How often does this happen? It happened once to me in the last year+. Under warranty? Take it in. Are you sure you have the latest maps update as well?
It is rare. I'd say once a month. It's just very frustrating when it happens. The car is definitely under warranty.

petarian

Hi petarian. The SYNC reset procedure for your particular model year Navigator is listed in your Owners Manual.

If you do not have the hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thanks for the tip. I found "Resetting the System" section on page 535 (2020 Navigator). I will try this next time I run into this problem. Thanks bbf2530.

bbf2530

Thanks for the tip. I found "Resetting the System" section on page 535 (2020 Navigator). I will try this next time I run into this problem. Thanks bbf2530.

Hi petarian. You are very welcome. Hopefully, performing a SYNC reset will help.

However, if this is happening "once a month", I would also take the advice of Black Label to make a service appointment and have this properly diagnosed and corrected.
The SYNC reset can wind up being a band-aid that only temporarily covers up the problem until it progressively gets worse, then you may be out of warranty. So in my opinion, better to have the root cause identified and fixed now.

My advice would be to bring your Navigator in while it is malfunctioning, since it is hard to diagnose a problem that is not occurring.
That means even if you need to stop by the Service Department unexpectedly, in order to demonstrate how far off the NAV system location is.
Once they see it malfunctioning, they can set an appointment for another date if necessary, and then you can avoid the dreaded "could not duplicate the customer concern" diagnosis.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited: