Is my car a lemon?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Swagmama

Just bought a Lincoln Corsair 2020 and backup camera started glitching after about 3 month. Last week was waiting to pick up my son and all electrical displays including AC went out. The car starts but nothing electrical is working. Car was towed to dealership and for 3 days I have not heard back from service. Today tried to call and was told that they’ve never seen this issue and are contacting engineering. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? The car is only about 4 months old

easyrider1

Is your car a lemon, no of course not. However, it might be a lime. : )
Seriously, you may want to perform a search of electrical issues experienced by others. Simply click on the magnifying glass top right corner header area, then type in "Corsair electrical issues". Hopefully, that is of some help to you.
The positive side of your experience as described was that you were able to start the engine.

Cp2020

Im having issues with the back up camera, the rear break assist, and the pre collision assist. The radio had blacked out a few times. Im waiting to hear back from my dealership about my issues. it’s frustrating when you have a new car a already start seeing issues.

SoCalDan

Hopefully not a lemon, but you are not alone:

Srjrippey

Just bought a Lincoln Corsair 2020 and backup camera started glitching after about 3 month. Last week was waiting to pick up my son and all electrical displays including AC went out. The car starts but nothing electrical is working. Car was towed to dealership and for 3 days I have not heard back from service. Today tried to call and was told that they’ve never seen this issue and are contacting engineering. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? The car is only about 4 months old,
Omg! I was telling my husband my ac had been hi hijacked, it would not turn off, ut was blowing at high speed even though it said it was off!!! I just can't with this car! First wind noise, sensors going off saying a child is in the back seat when nothing in on the seats, I can't use Sirus, my radio doesn't work, my phone distorts my voice! 2021 Corsair, I bought it in June! I feel like the car is in for service more than it's not. I just received word from Lincoln that they are NOT buying the car back!!! They want me to continue to bring it in for repairs???? For what? The repairs ARE NOT FRICKEN WORKING! The dealership that I originally had been working with had promised to buy the car back for no money out of my pocket, and they backed out of the deal! Beyond frustrated!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
Omg! I was telling my husband my ac had been hi hijacked, it would not turn off, ut was blowing at high speed even though it said it was off!!! I just can't with this car! First wind noise, sensors going off saying a child is in the back seat when nothing in on the seats, I can't use Sirus, my radio doesn't work, my phone distorts my voice! 2021 Corsair, I bought it in June! I feel like the car is in for service more than it's not. I just received word from Lincoln that they are NOT buying the car back!!! They want me to continue to bring it in for repairs???? For what? The repairs ARE NOT FRICKEN WORKING! The dealership that I originally had been working with had promised to buy the car back for no money out of my pocket, and they backed out of the deal! Beyond frustrated!
There is a setting on the touch screen to turn off the rear seat passenger warning. If you disable it, it will say it will ask this once every 6 months.

As for everything else, you need to demand your dealer to contact a zone manager on your behalf. If they won't, call the Lincoln Concierge and request a zone manager through them. The zone manager will come to the dealership and meet you there. They will escalate matters if the deem you haven't been treated fairly.

Good luck!

compuatt

I filed and had a good result with lemon law claim. American crap quality. Lexus is much more reliable, just so boring.

majinvestcorp

I filed and had a good result with lemon law claim. American crap quality. Lexus is much more reliable, just so boring.
I believe I have a lemon and am now ready to file. I have returned to 2 different dealership for 3 times for same problem and they tell me its fixed and it is NOT! I now back up camera has a recall, which they said was fixed. Can you share how you started to file and did you heire a lawyer?

majinvestcorp

Just bought a Lincoln Corsair 2020 and backup camera started glitching after about 3 month. Last week was waiting to pick up my son and all electrical displays including AC went out. The car starts but nothing electrical is working. Car was towed to dealership and for 3 days I have not heard back from service. Today tried to call and was told that they’ve never seen this issue and are contacting engineering. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? The car is only about 4 months old
There is a recall on back up camera. FYI had it replaced last week and is still doing the same thing