• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Is Anyone Using "Forscan Software for Windows"?

This looks interesting: Download FORScan
Using a laptop and OBDII adapter, one can perform all the diagnostics for the control modules and so on.

I have no idea of the quality of this SW and the recommended adapter, so if anyone is using or has used it, please comment.

My need right now is that my DDM is not working. It can not be simply "plug and play" replaced, because codes INSIDE the DDM have to first be saved to a scasnner, etc, etc. Man, these cars are not in any way easy to repair!

wolf_walker

It's legit software, lots of folks use it. A quality obd adaptor is a must, they recommend a wired one for flashing firmware but a wireless one
of decent quality works fine for reading codes and such. I've never done it but others have read and flashed the DDM software.
The only thing I can't access on my 04 is the backup assist module and I believe that's just because my adaptor does not support the communication protocol it uses.

It's legit software, lots of folks use it. A quality obd adaptor is a must, they recommend a wired one for flashing firmware but a wireless one
of decent quality works fine for reading codes and such. I've never done it but others have read and flashed the DDM software.
The only thing I can't access on my 04 is the backup assist module and I believe that's just because my adaptor does not support the communication protocol it uses.
I'm so glad to hear this!

estreet7

Yes, it works and they have helped me a lot! What a great program! Get the extended licence and your notebook is now a scanner that can find and fix many problems just like the Dealer in many respects!! Even program KEYS! Or, it can help you know what you need to fix! It couldn't see my Driver Door Module any more and I had all kinds of electrical malfunctions! I replaced the DDM from a junkyard with the same part numbers, cleared the DTC's and there it was with everything working again! It's great and we are lucky they made it for us!

crazydriver

Milwaukee,WI
This looks interesting: Download FORScan
Using a laptop and OBDII adapter, one can perform all the diagnostics for the control modules and so on.

I have no idea of the quality of this SW and the recommended adapter, so if anyone is using or has used it, please comment.

My need right now is that my DDM is not working. It can not be simply "plug and play" replaced, because codes INSIDE the DDM have to first be saved to a scasnner, etc, etc. Man, these cars are not in any way easy to repair!
Yes they do many things like reading PID'S,programming keys, and much more. I bought this one :bbfly vint-tt55502 obdII on Amazon for $20. You need to download the FORScan application zipp file and plug your scanner into a Windows computer. you will be amazed. I am sure this scanner can handle what is needed for your DDM. The one I bought is specifically for Ford,Lincoln,Mercury.

HTML