Is anyone excited about a 4 motor electric version due in 2022?

Michael W.

I am considering a Rivian R1S but I might wait for a 2022 Black Label L if they adopt the Rivian skateboard platform.

Has anyone heard any news on that front?

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
As far as I'm concerned, the only use for an all electric vehicle is an around town vehicle. Who wants to travel 2-500 miles, search for a charger, then w-a-i-t?

LoopyLincoln

As far as I'm concerned, the only use for an all electric vehicle is an around town vehicle. Who wants to travel 2-500 miles, search for a charger, then w-a-i-t?

whats the ratio of times you get into your car and drive LESS than 500 miles vs. MORE than 500 miles?

Then...On the occasions you drive 500 miles...Do you drive 500 miles, stop and then immediately drive another 500 miles?

I've literally never driven 500 miles in my like let alone 1000 all in one go.

LoopyLincoln

Loopy, I often drive 800-1000 miles in a day. Occasionally 1200. (Not solo, but have done so)
NO electric for me!!

Wow...And you're not a trucker? I've never driven more than maybe 300 miles in one run. But yeah, either way, for now pure EV isn't for you thats for sure!

Ico

I have a Mach-E GT on order (a real order, not a $100 vanity Kickstarter donation), and I'll be buying it on a 2-year lease to see if an EV is legit for our lifestyle. I worry about the charging network in Canada.

My family and I road trip a couple of times a year, and I drive 8 hours to and from Cincinnati 6-8 times a year for football games. There is no way I'd make that trip with an EV as it would add about 90 minutes each way, and that's if you can also find a fast charger without something else plugged into it.

Until an EV can be charged in 5 minutes, they really aren't for people that drive a lot IMHO.

All of that isn't even touching on the cost, a fully EV Navigator would probably sit between $150,000-$200,000. We may get a better picture once the F-150 electric comes out and we see what they cost. That said, pickup trucks have a lot more real estate to dedicate to batteries without interfering with human comfort.

Last edited:

LoopyLincoln

I have a Mach-E GT on order (a real order, not a $100 vanity Kickstarter donation), and I'll be buying it on a 2-year lease to see if an EV is legit for our lifestyle. I worry about the charging network in Canada.

Unless you will be driving it 5 hours and then getting right back in and driving another 5 hours, its likely to be a good fit I bet.

Until they solve the charging time issue (likely with battery swaps at stations vs. charging) there will be a segment of the population (that frequently does what I mentioned above) that full EV's wont work for.

Michael W.

Modern chargers will allow 80% recharge in about 30-45 minutes, time enough for lunch.

I am much more interested in a 185+kwh battery for a Navigator L with two or 4 motors (like the Rivian R1S)

Michael W.

This would be an ideal executive limo for my market.