ios15 Broke SiriusXM App in Apple Car Play

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

whatsupdoc

Anyone else having this problem? Getting "Unable to connect" messages when using the app and clicking on the favorites icon does not display the favorites list. I have removed and reinstalled the app, sync profile and re-added sync profile. Waze, etc. seem to work fine. I reported the issue to SiriusXM who told me to contact Apple lol.

tgara

Same here in my 2021 Nautilus. Tried using the SiriusXM App via CarPlay (wireless) this morning and it does not connect. Says "Unable to Connect". The Sirius App works fine by itself (i.e., logs into my account, shows my favorites, plays music, etc), and it can connect to the Bluetooth speaker I keep in the garage, it's just experiencing problems in the CarPlay interface.

whatsupdoc

Maybe go to Car Play under General and "Forget This Car" in order to reconnect?
I'll try that and as a last resort reset the infotainment system if that doesn't work - thanks for the tip!

tgara

I'll try that and as a last resort reset the infotainment system if that doesn't work - thanks for the tip!
An infotainment resent is pretty drastic. Unless its absolutely necessary for you to use the app with CarPlay, I would just wait until Sirius puts out an update to their app for iOS 15. I'm sure that will fix it.

whatsupdoc

An infotainment resent is pretty drastic. Unless its absolutely necessary for you to use the app with CarPlay, I would just wait until Sirius puts out an update to their app for iOS 15. I'm sure that will fix it.
k - I spoke with SiriusXM tech support a few days ago and they referred me to Apple lol - like Apple is really going to do anything about it when other apps are working just fine. I did rate and put comments in the App Store for their app so that might get the developer's attention.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I missed initially that this was about the SriusXM app. Okay, when I connected, I initially did get that same Unable To Connect. I hit Try Again and it connected right away.

tgara

k - I spoke with SiriusXM tech support a few days ago and they referred me to Apple lol - like Apple is really going to do anything about it when other apps are working just fine. I did rate and put comments in the App Store for their app so that might get the developer's attention.
Yes, I see your review in the App Store. Apparently you are not the only one having issues with iOS 15 and CarPlay with the Sirius App.

tgara

Fun feature I found on my Nautilus.... If the SiriusXM satellite signal is weak, I can switch to an internet connection and the music will play! :)

Another nice feature about having a so-called Connected Car!

Attachments

• IMG_1987.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

whatsupdoc

IOS 15.1 fixes the problem. I've installed the beta and it fixed it. Here's where to sign up for the beta:

beta.apple.com