Introduction, just got an 04 Signature.

commemoratives

As a new forum member I just wanted to introduce myself as I just picked up an 04 Town Car today. Actually it's my daughter's but I will be doing all the refurbishing. It is in fairly good condition with a few necessary repairs but was a bargain so I won't complain at all.

Need to source a drivers door armrest at the local recycler and it must have an exhaust leak as I hear a puffing sound under the hood and smell the aroma as I drive which makes that job numero uno. The vacuum florescent displays are intermittent when a bumpy road gives them a shake, but they seem to be all there. I'll hit the search function tomorrow.

Didn't detect the display problem during the test drive and the exhaust leak was not really intrusive until we headed home. If this sounds like sour grapes it is not. What was remarkable is what a great ride it has. The air ride has been maintained and while we were looking at the panther platform generically I have to say the TC is impressive.

M.C.

04TC

Tampa, FL
Congratulations on your/your daughter's new car! I have an '04 and am loving it, especially the smooth ride :) So far it has been the best car I have ever owned.

commemoratives

The ride is great to be sure. Tracked the exhaust leak to the gasket, pleased it's not a cracked manifold. The heat shield came off easily so there is hope the manifold bolts will be compliant too. Fingers crossed.

Do you know where the keypad code is for the door? I checked the arms for the trunk lid and didnt see anything. Probably going to check the fuse panel next and then pull the drivers door panel after that. It looks like the '04 could have had it in several places but I can't find any speciific location for that model year.

04TC

Tampa, FL
When I bought mine (used) from a dealer, they gave me the keypad code along with the car keys. I don't know if it's printed anywhere in the car, sorry I can't be of much help there. Maybe it's in the owner's manual somewhere? You could call a Ford dealer for more information, they would probably at least know if it is printed somewhere in the car or not, and where to find it.

commemoratives

We found the manual,but no sign of the code there. It looks like I'll be pulling the drivers door panel to find it. Apparently that's where the control module is. The winsow regulator is good but not as smooth as it should be so I'll grease it while I am in there. Gettin low 20's so far. Amazing for the size of both the vehicle and engine. Hats off to FoMoCo, so sad they are ceasing production on cars.

JJ SMNOW

I may be mistaken and someone correct me if I am wrong. A car locksmith can have a computer to give you a read out. If I remember correctly and charge you say $25 total if you buy a ing key from him and he can also tell U how many keys you have left to make U R allowed a total of 8. Maybe there is also an ap for that?
Also
#1, if you're the original owner, theres a card that came with the car that has the keyless entry code, on it. IT IS NOT IN THE MANUAL.

Not the original owner? #2, Open the trunk & check both hinges, but I read its located specifcally on the right hinge. No sticker?

#3, You need to remove the driver door panel. I guarantee you will find it. And it's not that difficult, either. There's YouTube videos on how to do it. There's 5 screws you remove (they're hidden), unhook some electrical stuff, lift door panel off & on the bottom right corner is the black box (lock control somethin or other), & plain as day, is the keyless code sticker. Or

Also learned that the code might be under the dash on the fuse box and that you will need a mirror to read it. Good luck

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML