• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Intermittent Air bag deflation

marcmc

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Town Car with 74k..For the third time in 6 months the rear air bags have deflated and won't pump up..The compressor comes on as it should, but the bags don't inflate..The next morning they are pumped back up and stay up for a few months..wtf..Any Ideas..I am thinking a sticking vent solenoid..I ordered new bags and will look at the vent solenoids when I install the new airbags. hopefully they're serviceable. Any suggestions?

Thanks..

mm

VicOwner2018

No expert on the air ride, but from what I’ve heard, I think you are correct in suspecting the solenoids. People who replace the air springs (bags) usually end having to replace the solenoids too. I think you can do just the O rings on them if they are cracked, but might as well do the actual solenoids too.

HTML