Interior rattles?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Chip59

Love my new Corsair Reserve but I have noticed rattles popping up when driving on anything other than very smooth roads.
The sounds seem to be concentrated on the passenger side and near the rear door or cargo area.
I had a loaner for a day and it has the same rattles but more pronounced. It sounds almost as if there are loose items bouncing around in the door pocket.
Anyone else have this issue or if so, what can be done?
Thanks!

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
My 2020 Nav with around 22,000 miles rattles like crazy already. Ford just doesn't build solid vehicles. That's the just the way it is. They want you to trade in every few years when the rattles get to you.

easyrider

Honestly, it's refreshing to hear some Corsair owners expressing their particular experiences. However, I'm sure we will now learn from those owners who have not experienced a single rattle even after driving in mountainous terrain for the last several years. Ha!
I've found it necessary to place electrical tape down onto various areas of the dashboard to help address rattles on my Lincoln that had less than a hundred miles on the odometer.
I've owned a 2017 & 2020 Lincoln MKZ both made at an assembly plant in Mexico. Those two vehicles never had a single rattle. The Corsair is made in Kentucky, USA. Interesting!

tgara

My 2020 Nav with around 22,000 miles rattles like crazy already. Ford just doesn't build solid vehicles. That's the just the way it is. They want you to trade in every few years when the rattles get to you.
Ridiculous. My last 4 Lincolns have been completely rattle free, so I’m guessing that your experience might be with your particular vehicle or due to the way you drive.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Ridiculous. My last 4 Lincolns have been completely rattle free, so I’m guessing that your experience might be with your particular vehicle or due to the way you drive.
How would my driving make the car rattle? I avoid every pothole, if possible, I don't go off road. I mean, why are you being rude and telling me my comment is ridiculous? Am I lying about the rattles? What gives?

Maybe it is my particular vehicle, who knows? I have driven a couple other Navigators as loaners. Maybe the other drivers beat the crap out of those as they rattled as well.

tgara

How would my driving make the car rattle? I avoid every pothole, if possible, I don't go off road. I mean, why are you being rude and telling me my comment is ridiculous? Am I lying about the rattles? What gives?

Maybe it is my particular vehicle, who knows? I have driven a couple other Navigators as loaners. Maybe the other drivers beat the crap out of those as they rattled as well.
Sorry if you thought my comment was rude, but it is a bit ridiculous to say that Ford doesn't build solid vehicles and that they want you to trade in every few years. My own experience and the experience of many of my friends and family members who have Fords and Lincolns is contrary to yours.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Sorry if you thought my comment was rude, but it is a bit ridiculous to say that Ford doesn't build solid vehicles and that they want you to trade in every few years. My own experience and the experience of many of my friends and family members who have Fords and Lincolns is contrary to yours.
Okay. So, even though you were sorry I thought you were rude, you went ahead and doubled down on it by saying my comment was ridiculous again. Glad your Fords have been solid. Mine haven't been. Thought a Lincoln would be, but to no avail.

syl

... I'm sure we will now learn from those owners who have not experienced a single rattle even after driving in mountainous terrain for the last several years. Ha!
No mountainous terrain in my case, and only slightly more than a year (and still under 6000 KM, or somewhere around 3500 miles) on the car. The only time it rattles at all is when I install the trailer hitch-ball and a trailer (especially if the trailer is empty), but I suppose in that case, it's almost to be expected. Now, mind, that's *so far* ... I don't have enough experience of Ford ownership to have a real sense of how long I should expect this to last.

I've owned a 2017 & 2020 Lincoln MKZ both made at an assembly plant in Mexico. Those two vehicles never had a single rattle. The Corsair is made in Kentucky, USA. Interesting!
My previous car was also made in Mexico (most certainly not the same assembly plant as your MKZs though), and it rattled so much I'd get to a point where I barely noticed. Then I'd replace whatever bushing, or ball joint, or whatever else it was, and it would be fine, but only for a while. That car loved eating wheel bearings too. Very cheaply made, I'm afraid. The car I had before that one was made in Sterling Heights, Michigan. It had its own issues as the years went on, but frequent rattling wasn't one of them. I loved that car, much more than the one made in Mexico.

That the Corsair is made in Louisville was a strong point in its favour in my case. So far I have no regrets, and enjoy a quiet ride. Ask me again in a few years, though ...

tgara

Okay. So, even though you were sorry I thought you were rude, you went ahead and doubled down on it by saying my comment was ridiculous again. Glad your Fords have been solid. Mine haven't been. Thought a Lincoln would be, but to no avail.
To be clear, my comment about ridiculousness pertained to your snarky assertion in post #22 about Ford and the build quality of its vehicles. It was not directed to you personally or your situation. I’m sorry if you mistakenly took it as such. I hope you get your issues resolved soon.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
To be clear, my comment about ridiculousness pertained to your snarky assertion in post #22 about Ford and the build quality of its vehicles. It was not directed to you personally or your situation. I’m sorry if you mistakenly took it as such. I hope you get your issues resolved soon.
That's fair, except I wasn't meaning to be snarky. Just pointing out my experience with Fords and now a Lincoln. Many people probably share my experience, and many likely share yours.

Thanks, I hope this vehicle gets the issues resolved as well.

2DS

Good luck with your issues. Everytime I take mine to the dealer for something they always say that nothing is wrong and do not want to fix it

olviking

I found my main rattle/buzz by retracting sunroof interior shade. The plastic piece that bisects sunroof where panels join was loose. I stuck a couple of pieces of foam insulation in until I can have dealer check it.

Smooth49

The rattles have bugged me from the first week. They are everywhere. Under the hood, door panels, trim pieces, liftgate cover, heat shields, fake lens covers in doors, etc. The three loaner Corsairs I had while the dealer spent weeks trying to stop the noise was as bad or worse if the road wasn't perfectly smooth. After being without my car for nearly 4 weeks and repeated repair attempts, I started working on it myself. As I finally am getting the rattles out, it is becoming a quiet ride.
Check the clips holding the engine blanket to the hood, the lenses at the bottom of the doors, the plastic panels in the foot wells where they clip to the dash, the rear deck interior plastic. I added foam tape to the loosest pieces, made felt washers for some of the clips. Many of the clips don't fit tight in the holes, so everything rattles.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
My main rattle was the sunroof drip tray. The dealer replaced it with a new one and it doesn't rattle now.