Interior rattles?

Chip59

Love my new Corsair Reserve but I have noticed rattles popping up when driving on anything other than very smooth roads.
The sounds seem to be concentrated on the passenger side and near the rear door or cargo area.
I had a loaner for a day and it has the same rattles but more pronounced. It sounds almost as if there are loose items bouncing around in the door pocket.
Anyone else have this issue or if so, what can be done?
Thanks!

bbf2530

Love my new Corsair Reserve but I have noticed rattles popping up when driving on anything other than very smooth roads.
The sounds seem to be concentrated on the passenger side and near the rear door or cargo area.
I had a loaner for a day and it has the same rattles but more pronounced. It sounds almost as if there are loose items bouncing around in the door pocket.
Thanks!

Hi Chip. Schedule a Service appointment with your Lincoln Dealership. When you do, also schedule for a loaner vehicle.

When you bring your car in, do not hand them the keys, tell them you hear rattles and leave. Ask the Service Writer to take a ride with you...or to send a Tech with you, so you can drive on a rougher road and demonstrate the noises. Make sure the person who goes with you hears the noises and states they hear them. In this way, you will avoid the dreaded "Could not duplicate the customers concern" diagnosis.

Then let the Service Department find and fix what is rattling.

Keep us updated and good luck.

ahodorowicz

I started getting this with around 600 miles on the car. After 1000 miles I finally took the time to find it myself. For me it's the back seats themselves. If I set a heavy bag on the back seats where the two split the rattle goes away. I can easily reproduce the rattle by just lifting up and down on the seats. I haven't contacted Lincoln about this yet so I'm interested to see what they do for it or if I'll just try to fix it myself.

Chip59

I started getting this with around 600 miles on the car. After 1000 miles I finally took the time to find it myself. For me it's the back seats themselves. If I set a heavy bag on the back seats where the two split the rattle goes away. I can easily reproduce the rattle by just lifting up and down on the seats. I haven't contacted Lincoln about this yet so I'm interested to see what they do for it or if I'll just try to fix it myself.
Thanks! I'll see if mine behaves the same way.

syl

I encountered the same problem some years ago with my mother in law's Acura. Her dealer never found the problem after several visits. There is typically a single bolt holding the back seat lower cushion in place (screwed essentially into a brace on the floor). I was able to fix what had been a recurring problem with a single twist of a socket wrench. I haven't checked if the corsair has similar construction for the rear seat (it's at least somewhat different due to the sliding track, but likely otherwise mostly similar), but I'd be willing to bet it's as simple to fix. I hope this helps.

JR15090

Thanks!
Have you been able to resolve the rattle? I have a rattle coming from the passenger door/cargo area as well. I have been to the shop twice now and have not been able to determine what is rattling. I just broke 800 miles and love the car but the rattling is annoying.

Corsart

Have you been able to resolve the rattle? I have a rattle coming from the passenger door/cargo area as well. I have been to the shop twice now and have not been able to determine what is rattling. I just broke 800 miles and love the car but the rattling is annoying.

Buy this. Have someone drive the car, and as the passenger, use this to locate the rattle. Most rattles are caused by incredibly small/minor things that are hard to identify without some little bit of technology to amplify them, like the stethoscope. If you can't get to it yourself, at least you can tell the dealer exactly where it seems to be coming from.