Interior Detailing Black Label MKZ

jnicholas330

I recently purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label, Thoroughbred theme. I'm apt to detail it, but the manual just says use a damp cloth. I imagine the leather will need more treatment than that. Are there particular products you've have good look with on the chestnut or seat leather?

Thanks!

bbf2530

I recently purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label, Thoroughbred theme. I'm apt to detail it, but the manual just says use a damp cloth. I imagine the leather will need more treatment than that. Are there particular products you've have good look with on the chestnut or seat leather?

Thanks!
Hi jnicholas. A damp cloth is usually all you need to clean the leather. If necessary, a little mild soap on the damp cloth. Something like a mild hand soap etc. I use SoftSoap or even a drop or two of my Meguiar's Gold Class Automotive Shampoo (what I use to wash the car).

To condition the leather, you can use any major brand leather conditioner. I like Meguiar's Gold Class, but Mother's, Lexol etc are also good brands. Those brands also all have leather cleaners which are safe for modern micro-coated leather interiors. You can use those if water and/or mild soap do not work.

Keep in mind that the leather in modern vehicles has a clear "polymer" micro-coating for protection. So to avoid damaging this protective micro-coating, avoid rubbing the leather a much as possible. Rub very lightly and let the water and/or soap do their job.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.