Interested in Lincoln Corsair

RhyDynamic

Hello everybody, I am interested in buying a 2021/2022Lincoln Corsair when my payments are done on my 2015 Ford Edge. I just wanted to ask if any of you Corsair owners live in a cold climate area with you car parked outside? We’re planning to buy a larger house but if it doesn’t happen, will parking the Corsair in the winter be okay? The temperature goes down to -40 Celsius where I live. My wife will also need it for work EVERYDAY so we need it to start in the cold, we will put winter tires on it and synthetic oil. Any experiences?

bbf2530

Hello everybody, I am interested in buying a 2021/2022Lincoln Corsair when my payments are done on my 2015 Ford Edge. I just wanted to ask if any of you Corsair owners live in a cold climate area with you car parked outside? We’re planning to buy a larger house but if it doesn’t happen, will parking the Corsair in the winter be okay? The temperature goes down to -40 Celsius where I live. My wife will also need it for work EVERYDAY so we need it to start in the cold, we will put winter tires on it and synthetic oil. Any experiences?

Hi RhyD. It will be as safe and reliable parked outside in those temperatures as any other modern vehicle.

Considering the cold temps, have you used a block heater on any of your previous vehicles, and if not, have you thought about it?

Keep us updated and good luck.

RhyDynamic

Hi RhyD. It will be as safe and reliable parked outside in those temperatures as any other modern vehicle.

Considering the cold temps, have you used a block heater on any of your previous vehicles, and if not, have you thought about it?

Keep us updated and good luck.
Yes, I have had and used a block heater for all my cars they came equipped with one. I will make sure the Corsair has a block heater as well.

afh3

Minnesota
You could consider moving someplace that has warmer winters.

Here in Minnesota it doesn't get much below -35C very often - at least in the tropical southern parts.

OldBrit

I live in Canada, in northeast BC, and my Corsair has started "on the button" each and every time. I bought it in December 2019 and the past two winters have been relatively mild in my region, going down to only about -25C (-13F) on just a few occasions. I haven't had the opportunity to try starting the car at -40 yet, but at that temperature I would have plugged the car in anyway for a few hours first (dealers here automatically install block heaters). I live in a small town, where the stores are only a couple of kilometres away (1.25 miles), so the battery doesn't get fully charged in winter and goes into a "safe mode." All that means is that some of the convenience features, such as the welcome lights, don't work. Not a problem - the car still starts immediately. You don't even get to hear the starter motor turn over. Winter tires are mandatory in my area. I would use synthetic or semi-synthetic oil regardless of where I lived.

msjern

I do live in saskatoon, saskatchewan in canada where the winter becomes -30ish C . The car does have the block heater but compared to the lincoln mkc i had the block heater cable is almost fixed and extremely short and cant come out of the hood. I had to buy like a 1/1.5 feet ac cable extender to stick the ac plug out of the hood, then connect another ac cable extender to the outlet. Other than that the car starts pretty well in -30ish without block heater (With currently using full synthetic oil) but should be using block heater if you value your car’s engine during winter.

RhyDynamic

Thanks for the replies! Makes me even more interested now.