Infinite Black durability

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

marksand

Hi everyone. I’m considering an Corsair Sport with Infinite Black as the color. I wanted to get some feedback from owners with this color.

Generally, what’s the durability of this color? Does it show scratches/swirls easily? How hard is it to keep clean?

joeb427

I don't have a black one but black will definitely show scratches and swirls easily. I'm a detail nut and have had black vehicles. Black is the toughest color paint to deal with. Especially if you are the OCD type.

Last edited:

marksand

I don't have a black one but black will definitely show scratches and swirls easily. I'm a detail nut and have had black vehicles. Black is the toughest color paint to deal with. Especially if you are the OCD type.
Thanks for the feedback. I am OCD and find myself being drawn to small swirls in my grey Volvo.

joeb427

I've had 3 black vehicles and will never buy another one. Black does look great, though.
As I've gotten older, I mostly go with white and my second choice is silver.

bbf2530

Hi everyone. I’m considering an Corsair Sport with Infinite Black as the color. I wanted to get some feedback from owners with this color.

Generally, what’s the durability of this color? Does it show scratches/swirls easily? How hard is it to keep clean?

Hi marksand. As others have stated, black will always show scratches and swirls more than any other color. And generally speaking, darker colors will always show scratches and swirls more than lighter colors.

Of course, simply keeping it clean and waxed/polished will also help alleviate the problem. But that also means more work to keep it looking good.

Good luck with whatever color you decide to go with.

kingdre

Ive had my Infinite Black Lincoln MKZ since July 1 2020. I no longer have a garage, but I do have a carport. Aside from my original paint chips, its been pretty good. I tinted my windows too... Sexy doesnt describe Rez (MKZ Reserve II). My replacement Corsair GT (G2) is blue, so I'll see the difference.

Attachments

• Rez Tinted 2.jpg
    Rez Tinted 2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Rez Tinted.jpg
    Rez Tinted.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 3

HBcorsair

After having a dark grey “magnetic” F150 after my previous white one, I was surprised at how much of a heat sink the darker color turned out to be. That’s why we opted for the pristine white GT, so we wouldn’t need to run ac constantl.

kingdre

After having a dark grey “magnetic” F150 after my previous white one, I was surprised at how much of a heat sink the darker color turned out to be. That’s why we opted for the pristine white GT, so we wouldn’t need to run ac constantl.
Interesting. I noticed it got hot, but I so rarely parked in the sun. I also did the UV tint. It helped a lot.

Personally, I love my black Corsair. I've owned previous black vehicles and yes, over time the color can show some wear but if you take care of it, black or red, to me, freshly washed/waxed stand out like no other colours IMO. If you like the black, I say go for it.