• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Independent dealer mechanics, PO's?

mkfrd

Didn't really give this car a proper inspection before purchasing. When I got it home, I noticed a piece of cardboard, lodged against one of the coils. Took everything apart and saw of the 8 coil packs had the electrical connector at a different angle than the other seven. That one coil needs to be in the number 5 position so the chrome cover doesn't interfere when connected. Swapped out the number 5 coil for the for the one being braced by the cardboard(7) and I was good to go, sans cardboard.coil.jpgcardboard.jpg

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Looks like the COP has had the electrical socket broken and reattached at the wrong angle. The socket should be about horizontal and all 8 are the same. You may want to replace that COP before it causes problems.

mkfrd

Looks like the COP has had the electrical socket broken and reattached at the wrong angle. The socket should be about horizontal and all 8 are the same. You may want to replace that COP before it causes problems.
Good to know. Thanks. Can I replace one, or do I need to replace all?

HTML