Im Having Issues Getting My 08 Navigator To Remote Start

aleclilly0501

I have an 08 Navigator that I bought recently, when I press my remote start fob (it's a separate fob with one button) itll honk once, honk again and wont start. From what I can tell it does all the steps except start. It even runs the truck bit wont start. I've tried programming the remote (however i only have one key so I'm unsure if it did anything) tried cleaning the fob, replacing the battery. I saw a video with a similar problem and the solution required two keys. Any Advice?

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Is it factory or aftermarket? Some things will keep a remote start from operating: Stored check engine codes, door(s), hood, trunk, hatch ajar (faulty switches), low gas level, vehicle not in park, coolant and oil pressure/level, and I've even heard of too many remote start attempts locking it out and system in valet mode.

aleclilly0501

Is it factory or aftermarket? Some things will keep a remote start from operating: Stored check engine codes, door(s), hood, trunk, hatch ajar (faulty switches), low gas level, vehicle not in park, coolant and oil pressure/level, and I've even heard of too many remote start attempts locking it out and system in valet mode.
It's factory, I checked hoodpins and all doors but even so I believe it wouldnt go through the process of remote start at all if that was the case. My Navigator goes through the process just stops after a few attempts and the theft light flashes

aleclilly0501

Have you had it scanned for stored codes?
No I dont have a scanner on hand, I've also checked a few fuses for the PATS and they were fine, I got a second key made (something I was meaning to get done anyway) and tried programming the fob again, but I didn't prove to solve anything. Would unhooking and rehooking the battery be something I should try?

HTML