im done

• Thread starter imported_Charlie
  • Start date

Geordi

jury duty

[quote name=\'Charlie\']There from Texas. Apparently people from Texas have some sort of mental problems. It\'s like a free tax on Texans.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true. :yes:

And Texans SHOULD be taxed, look at what they exported out of their state and have been screwing up the USA for 8 years...

imported_Charlie

jury duty

I didn\'t mean to personally say anything bad about them.( I don\'t want to get into a fight) I\'m just saying the county is making lots of money of these guys who think getting into a drunk fight every weekend is fun. Seems like a expensive way to have fun. Why do they do it?

DrDragon

jury duty

[quote name=\'Charlie\']What if it\'s a stupid law or some version of it.

For example:

Recently a bar owner got into trouble for selling beer to a minor. This is his second offense. The first time he plead guilty and they shut down his bar for several days. Understand, he did not do it on purpose but, he did not check the mans ID. This first time.

He got in trouble for selling to a minor again. This time he check the ID but, it was a fake ID. And, the police are even in the paper saying it was a good fake.

But, he still sold alcohol to a minor.

Is he guilty or not?

By the way I have no idea if this is the jury I will be called on. I have not been called to set on any jury\'s yet. If this is the trial I get called on I will have to excuse myself.[/QUOTE]

If I’m on the jury, “Not guilty!”

KY Jim

jury duty

As I understand it, the prosecutor would have to prove \'Intent\', that is, the bar owner INTENDED to sell to the minor. The fact the he DID,In Fact, card the kid is proof that he did NOT Intend to break the Law, therefore, Not Guilty, and the Judge, Prosecutor, D.A., AND the cops can SUCK me.
Yes, Texans Not Right. Neither is ANYONE whose idea of a Good Time is a drunken brawl. Pistols were invented to defend against people like that. But then, I have enough Intellect to be able to find something more Substantial to do for Fun.
KY Jim

Bill89LSC

jury duty

When they called me for Jury duty I wore a t-shirt that said \"Kill them all, Let God sort it out\". They dismissed me as soon as I walked into the room and I haven\'t heard from them since.

imported_Charlie

jury duty

[quote name=\'Bill89LSC\']When they called me for Jury duty I wore a t-shirt that said \"Kill them all, Let God sort it out\". They dismissed me as soon as I walked into the room and I haven\'t heard from them since.[/QUOTE]

:lol: can I borrow that?

fordguy

jury duty

they interview all potential jurors. just say anything to get kicked off. tell them your racist and all people of color are guilty,etc,etc. or just tell them you read about it in the paper and have already formed a biased opinion. worked for me.

imported_Charlie

jury duty

The racist thing probley won\'t work. There are very few blacks in my area. There are a lot of Latinos but, they don\'t go to trial. They just post bail and run. There is a good chance I probley will know who ever it is. I know all the criminals. :lol: Heck, it will be unusual if anyone even bothers to take anything to trial in my period to serve. And, if they do they often have a trial where they just let the judge decide.

Skarhed

jury duty

Damn, I like a good show. I\'d get a kick out of jury duty, never called, been on the rolls since forever. Funny thing is when my daughter moved back here, within 3 months of changing address etc. she was called. Guess \'they\' know I\'d do a KY Jim routine on them...

imported_Charlie

jury duty

Nobody making shirts around here. Besides , wearing that would be kinda um.... what\'s the word....pro...oh heck, it\'s like looking for trouble. It\'s almost a felony terroristic threat to wear something like that. Maybe not quite but, if you want trouble with the local cops wear something like that and there going to start watching you very, very, closely. Remember there all over paid and under worked. (In my area at least)

imported_Charlie

jury duty

Well, I got a letter last week saying I had to go in on Thursday at 8 AM for orientation and there will be a trial I have to be on a jury for. It will take two days. (funny how they know exactly how long it will take) I called court administrator who sent me the letter and tried the \"I\'m a farmer and I have to be in the field\" trick. She , basically, said tough luck. I also told here about my beliefs and criminal record and she said she could not excuse me for that. At orientation I could tell it to the lawyers but, she left me with the impression it will do no good. Problem is there are only 11000 people in the county and there are so many cops (I divided it out and we have one cop for every 605 people around here) and lawyers that so many people either have a record or have served on a jury before that I think there desperate for jurors. I\'m screwed. If I don\'t vote the poor soul guilty the cops and lawyers will be mad at me and make my life difficult. And, if I do vote the poor person guilty all his friends and family will be mad at me. In a small county like mine I\'m sure to know some of them. Then they will make my life more difficult. Besides they only bust working class and young people. Like I am, and used to be. I\'ll probley end up in contempt of court because I will do something wrong. Then I\'ll be on trial next. I guess my number came up on that lotto machine they have at the police station and they decided to screw with me for awhile again. It sucks. I\'m just getting my affairs in order after the screwed with me 15 years ago. Most of those old cops died and the new ones forgot about me. Not anymore I guess. My number is up. And my time has come.

detroitrust

Well, I'm new here and see it is basically a ghost town. Sorry my initicial volley is strangly non car related but I can't help myself. Why people try so hard to avoid and are so calus concerning their civic duty, is beyond me. Let's reverse the table; what if you guys had the misforture to require a jury trial either for or against the court? Would you want a bunch of jackwagons on a jury that could care less about your well being? If you were critically injured in an accident or violent crime, or vandalized? How forelorn you would be if of jury of your peers cared nothing of your condition? You guys are a mess.

HTML