• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Illuminated Lincoln Star in grille NOT working!!

ctmars02

We just purchased a 2018 Navigator L Reserve. Used, 21k miles. The window sticker says it should have the illuminated Lincoln star (I believe all the reserve models are supposed to have it). Ours does not light up, and I can’t digure anything about it. Can anyone help, or offer any advice?

bbf2530

We just purchased a 2018 Navigator L Reserve. Used, 21k miles. The window sticker says it should have the illuminated Lincoln star (I believe all the reserve models are supposed to have it). Ours does not light up, and I can’t digure anything about it. Can anyone help, or offer any advice?
Hi ctmars. Your Navigator is still covered under the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty. Make a service appointment and let Lincoln diagnose and fix it correctly.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

ctmars02

I understand that it is still under warranty, but wondered if I wasn’t doing something right? I have searched through all the menus, and can’t fins anything about it. Also wondered if others have the had the same issue.

Last edited:

c3h8

Mine goes in tomorrow for the same issue. I'll report back with what they find.

c3h8

New emblem has to be ordered. Plan on leaving the vehicle overnight- you have to remove the front bumper cover and a bunch of stuff to get to the emblem and I doubt it's an item that is stocked.

kkriskal

There is no option in the menus for it, if it is a Reserve, it should light up. Dealer should take care of it. As c3h8 mentioned, probably no dealer stocks it so take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

2019Nav

I have the same issue with my 18 Reserve. Any luck at the dealership getting it fixed?
Just purchased 2019 Nav L Reserve and star is not working either! Did anyone get theirs fixed? Did they say what problem is?

G-882258

We have a 2018 Black Label and the illuminated emblem stopped working about 9 months in. Clearly a defective design. Numbers probably not enough to warrant a recall at this point, but they should stock it as they will all go out at 6-9 month mark.

Wife called about this last week and they said it’s a 3-4 day repair.

So much for being Black Label.

Lincoln should get out of the luxury models. They are just not setup to provide that level of service.

JoeHoya87

It's a warranty repair. The emblem goes bad and has to be replaced.
I have to schedule bringing in my 2018 Navigator L for the same issue. Dealer said that because the 360 camera and main control is integrated into the badge, if they have to replace the badge to address the "not lighting" issue then they have to clear out the bay where they bring in the cars to lay down mats with grids all around the vehicle so that they can synchronize and be sure all the cameras are properly positioned. Obviously a big job. Not going to stop me from bringing it in but it sounds like it will take them a couple of days to get this done.

c3h8

I have to schedule bringing in my 2018 Navigator L for the same issue. Dealer said that because the 360 camera and main control is integrated into the badge, if they have to replace the badge to address the "not lighting" issue then they have to clear out the bay where they bring in the cars to lay down mats with grids all around the vehicle so that they can synchronize and be sure all the cameras are properly positioned. Obviously a big job. Not going to stop me from bringing it in but it sounds like it will take them a couple of days to get this done.
Yep. I think they billed it out at 6-1/2 hours or so. And there isn't book time for it, so the mechanic was happy he got to bill actual time.

G-928401

Hi all -

I just did a color change wrap on a 2019 Black Label, and the emblem is not lighting after we put the repainted grille back in. Nothing got damaged, everything else is working fine. Had an issue with loose connection on light harness (turn signals), fixed that but still no light from the badge. Camera in badge is working fine as well.

G-422083

We have a 2018 Black Label and the illuminated emblem stopped working about 9 months in. Clearly a defective design. Numbers probably not enough to warrant a recall at this point, but they should stock it as they will all go out at 6-9 month mark.

Lincoln should get out of the luxury models. They are just not setup to provide that level of service.
I’ve had three navigators 15, 18, 19, Lincoln is absolutely way over their head with luxury vehicles! You bring it in for and oil change and it’s 2-3 days, on freaking believable! Buy an Escalade service is a million times better service. I stuck with Lincoln because I tow a lot and it pulls unbelievably well, otherwise bye-bye

gwmgwm

Dallas, TX

I just picked up a 2019 Reserve on Friday that my wife will be driving. I traded in a 2015 Navigator that had all kinds of problems. From malfunctioning running boards, issues with one of the turbo chargers and an extremely noisy auxiIlary fan in the summertime. I talked to a few service writers and all said that starting with the 2018 redesign a lot of quality issues were resolved. I sure hope so. If not, I agree with you that Lincoln should get out of luxury models. I drive a 2019 Lexus ES350 and I have had no issues with it whatsoever.

cawilkes

New York
I barely have 6000 miles on my 2019 Navigator Reserve L and I noticed my lighted emblem was not always on and sometimes it was blinking! It's at the dealer now and they tell me they're still looking at it. I hope I'm not going to be told I have to leave the car there for a few days.

cawilkes

New York
I barely have 6000 miles on my 2019 Navigator Reserve L and I noticed my lighted emblem was not always on and sometimes it was blinking! It's at the dealer now and they tell me they're still looking at it. I hope I'm not going to be told I have to leave the car there for a few days.
Update - entire bumper had to be replaced and it's still at the service center over 24 hours later. WTF?

HTML