I have a 2016 MKZ that has a vibration noise in the left front

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RebyRed2016

I have a 2106 MKZ that has a vibration noise in the front left area. Sounds like a shield of some sort vibrating. Any ideas?

bbf2530

I have a 2106 MKZ that has a vibration noise in the front left area. Sounds like a shield of some sort vibrating. Any ideas?

Hi RR. Could be one of the underbody/splash shields. You can try to look underneath for a loose panel and/or missing fasteners.

It could also be a loose catalytic converter shield. A loose catalytic converter shield would tend to have a more metallic rattling sound. And of course, since we can not actually hear what you are hearing, there are other possibilities.

It may be easier to have a local shop put it up on a lift and take a look. Completely up to what you are comfortable with.

RebyRed2016

Hi RR. Could be one of the underbody/splash shields. You can try to look underneath for a loose panel and/or missing fasteners.

It could also be a loose catalytic converter shield. A loose catalytic converter shield would tend to have a more metallic rattling sound. And of course, since we can not actually hear what you are hearing, there are other possibilities.

It may be easier to have a local shop put it up on a lift and take a look. Completely up to what you are comfortable with.
Took it to Mieneke who had chenged oil a month ago. Several of the clips/screws were missing. They replaced missing one but noise stayed. Sound comes and gose. Will have to crawl under to see what else could be loose.