HUD Windshield Crack

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Cloud9

Wife was driving yesterday and out of nowhere a golf ball size crack appeared on the drivers side to the left of the HUD display. Time to call auto insurance to replace! :)

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Yikes. Keep us posted. From experience with previous vehicles with HUD, that glass is not the normal glass and could be pricey and hard to find. Especially with all of the shortages these days. Good thing is, there should be plenty of them since the primary style of the vehicle hasn't changed and that glass is still being used in the current model.

Don't forget any calibration which may need to occur when the glass is replaced. I have heard of that part being forgotten which could lead to other issues. May not be a big deal with these vehicles. With wiper sensors and cameras mounted near the rearview mirror, you have to do more than just a windshield change to make sure everything works when done.

Good Luck!!

Cloud9

@moose66 - Yes thanks for the heads up. When my wife bought this car i was iffy on all the electronics and tech it has built in. We made a call to car insurance and Safelight i think is coming out, they asked if it had HUD and said that glass is special order. So they ordered it and will be out to replace it when it comes in. They said they have to order it directly through Lincoln/Ford.
Will keep you all posted, and I will try and get a picture uploaded here soon of the carnage :)

@moose66 - Yes thanks for the heads up. When my wife bought this car i was iffy on all the electronics and tech it has built in. We made a call to car insurance and Safelight i think is coming out, they asked if it had HUD and said that glass is special order. So they ordered it and will be out to replace it when it comes in. They said they have to order it directly through Lincoln/Ford.
Will keep you all posted, and I will try and get a picture uploaded here soon of the carnage :)
I get that its why I have the extended warranty on mine. Was worth it for the piece of mind.