• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

How to use remote start via Key Fob

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

sagosto

Jul 9, 2021
21 Aviator GT

SUV is locked and you press the button 2X correct? Not shocking that it doesn't work but surely this should work?

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
21 Aviator GT

SUV is locked and you press the button 2X correct? Not shocking that it doesn't work but surely this should work?

Hi sagosto. As moose66 stated above: Press and release the lock button (even if the doors are already locked), then press the start button twice.

Instructions are in the Owners Manual.

Good luck.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
.....................................................................................

Instructions are in the Owners Manual.

Good luck.
Owner's Manual? Instructions? Are those some kind of foreign things? :D
Going by my experience as a moderator on the Explorer forum, about 1/3 of the questions asked have answers that are in the Manual.

Peter

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Aug 5, 2021
Holly Springs, NC
Not saying the OP is in this group, but most people will rather jump on a forum to ask a question rather than look it up themselves. I value the forum advice/opinion, but I would rather go straight to the source if I can.

jkeaton

Aug 1, 2019
Winston Salem, NC
Not saying the OP is in this group, but most people will rather jump on a forum to ask a question rather than look it up themselves. I value the forum advice/opinion, but I would rather go straight to the source if I can.
and 9 times out of 10 the response given will be "have you read your owners manual?"....lol....Some people tend to think people who ask such questions that are easily answered by reading the owners manual are just too lazy to do the reading on their own and want someone else to do ithe work for them. :ROFLMAO:

sagosto

Jul 9, 2021
You are all "kind" of right. I didn't check the manual as it was such a simple function. And, the car was locked. I didn't realize you had to LOCK it again before double-clicking the start button.

I am good -- thanks. :)

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
You are all "kind" of right. I didn't check the manual as it was such a simple function. And, the car was locked. I didn't realize you had to LOCK it again before double-clicking the start button.

I am good -- thanks. :)
Hi sagosto. Yes..."Press and release the lock button (even if the doors are already locked), then press the start button twice."

Good luck. ;)

Vicrey

Jul 11, 2021
What's a key fob? Just kidding. I've been fortunate PAAK has worked flawlessly for me since the last time I had to reregister it (or the dealer reset it after service). I've primarily used PAAK to start and in occasions when I used the key fob, it seemed to cause a temporary glitch where the chimes are the non-standard symphonic sounds. Also, I've discovered the LincolnWay skill on Alexa and works like a charm to start my Aviator!

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
You may be happy to learn that ensuring the vehicle is locked prior to remote starting could prevent someone from just jumping in and driving away.

While there are certainly software glitches and things that are head scratchers, I would think this is a desirable feature.

sagosto

Jul 9, 2021
I understand locked but not the second lock. Either way, the Lincoln app doesn’t work as a key fob so I’m surprised this works :)

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Aug 5, 2021
Holly Springs, NC
I believe the requirement for the second lock action is so the system recognizes an attempt to remote start the vehicle. In the computer (chip), it is coded to accept the remote start feature only after the door lock has been activated twice in succession, in a predetermined amount of time.

sagosto

Jul 9, 2021
I believe the requirement for the second lock action is so the system recognizes an attempt to remote start the vehicle. In the computer (chip), it is coded to accept the remote start feature only after the door lock has been activated twice in succession, in a predetermined amount of time.
That makes lots of sense actually

VAMINER

May 1, 2021
I know a guy who has inadvertently pressed the hatch release button twice on more than one occasion rather than the remote start button twice after pushing the lock button. I saw him in the mirror this morning.
Don't be like that guy. Take a quick look at the remote to make sure you're hitting the right button.

masterdrago

Apr 10, 2021
Finding stuff in the manual is very difficult. Even when using the PDF version as words one would often search to find help are not always the words that lead to the answers. Especially if one does not know what that something is called. Those that criticize folks for asking questions on the forum are just looking to get their numbers up. Me thinks.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Finding stuff in the manual is very difficult. Even when using the PDF version as words one would often search to find help are not always the words that lead to the answers. Especially if one does not know what that something is called. Those that criticize folks for asking questions on the forum are just looking to get their numbers up. Me thinks.

Hi masterdrago. You are right and the Owners Manual is a big one.

One thing I find helps: I use the PDF versions often to search for answers for others. However, I rarely use the Search function. I use the Index to look for what I need. I find it more accurate.

For example, in this case, I would download the OP's Owners Manual and start off by looking in the Index for "Remote Start".

Sometimes one may need to look for a secondary choice of words/terms, but it can usually be found one way or another.

Hope this helps someone sometime. Good luck.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
The only reference I use is the PDF version of the Owner's Manual. In fact, I have around 12 of them loaded on my computer starting with the 2011 Explorer. As a moderator on the Explorer forum, it seems I'm accessing one or more of them daily to help answer questions. My manual is in the glovebox where it has been since I got the Aviator.;)

Peter

Black Label Caviar

Jan 27, 2022
I also found the manual less than satisfactory