• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How to replace Mark V front turn lens

After two years of successful avoidance, I was sucker punched in the passenger side front turn lens by a deer. As much as I love the hood, going over blind hills it is sometimes difficult to see over, and the only reason I know it was a deer is that I stopped and found it in the ditch. I felt bad enough that the deer didn’t survive. Also, my turn lens (blade style) shattered.

I ordered a replacement on eBay, but I don’t know how to put the thing in. I almost think it has to go in from the back of the lens assembly, but haven’t puzzled out a way to remove that. Or, maybe the rubber spacer on top needs to be removed in order to bend the frame up, then down again? Sounds wrong.

Anybody have a good way to do this? Trying to attach helpful pics...8619A37D-BB38-4B7F-9D0F-46E66B2D8B6D.jpeg1C7D6C18-D985-494A-B535-D089DB22701D.jpeg

I thought it might, but neither part seems like it has any flex, and it needs to clear about a 1/4 inch to 1/3 inch to clear the opening. I don’t think I can get it to go in. It will break.

HTML