How to apply glue to vinyl top with fleece backing?

Yes, I'm doing it myself. (y) I'm that guy. I've got my town car's ratty old vinyl top stripped off, cleaned off, sanded down to bare metal, and now fully primed. I bought the Newstalgia top. The last piece of information I need is details on how to apply glue with a haartz fleece backing on my vinyl. These had that, and so does my reproduction top. I'm willing to spray it, brush it, or roll it. I've done some research and it seems Woodweld's contact cement is a popular choice. I'm familiar with using Woodwelds, apply it, let it tack up, and bond it.

Do I apply a layer of glue to just the car (not the vinyl) and press the top down? Or should I apply a layer to the car and the vinyl? It seems spraying would be best for the latter. Do I spread the glue on heavy or light? Any and all information on gluing you guys can offer would be appreciated. I've been doing research, and there's not much info on straight vinyl top jobs, and none on vinyl with fleece backing.

Corsart

Yes, I'm doing it myself. (y) I'm that guy. I've got my town car's ratty old vinyl top stripped off, cleaned off, sanded down to bare metal, and now fully primed. I bought the Newstalgia top. The last piece of information I need is details on how to apply glue with a haartz fleece backing on my vinyl. These had that, and so does my reproduction top. I'm willing to spray it, brush it, or roll it. I've done some research and it seems Woodweld's contact cement is a popular choice. I'm familiar with using Woodwelds, apply it, let it tack up, and bond it.

Do I apply a layer of glue to just the car (not the vinyl) and press the top down? Or should I apply a layer to the car and the vinyl? It seems spraying would be best for the latter. Do I spread the glue on heavy or light? Any and all information on gluing you guys can offer would be appreciated. I've been doing research, and there's not much info on straight vinyl top jobs, and none on vinyl with fleece backing.
I'm way out of my league here, but I'd think you would apply a thin layer to the roof and then lay the material over it, and then us a roller to apply even pressure. I don't think it matters how you apply it,..spraying it sounds easiest yet messiest and least accurate...and don't make the mistake of using too much.