• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How Loud Is Your TC Exhaust?

My '07 has more "growl" on acceleration than I think I should be hearing. I have an appointment Monday to see if there is an exhaust leak. Ideally, I'd like to hear as close to NOTHING as possible. The noise I hear seems to come through the pass door. I'm also suspicious that the door seals have collapsed a bit after 14 years in the desert. Maybe the door seals are a bit leaky?

wolf_walker

Not enough. Loudest thing on the car is the power steering pump, tires and transmission, in that order.
And I'm 41 years old, not a kid looking for glasspack noise. I can hardly hear the engine over the other stuff,
none of which is loud really but still.

bmarler

my 2011 has just the right amount of bark. if i accelerate moderately the exhaust is very sedate. if i step on it hard you can hear it just fine. mine has dual exhaust and i think ford did a good job engineering the noise level.

wolf_walker

Yes dual, and it's well made too, has a tiny H pipe, many little weights on it, good hangers.
It's a nice setup, just quiet which is fine and by design no doubt. You really can't hear the thing
though, if you get on it you hear things happening but none of them are "hey, that's a v8 pulling".
My 90 with factory duals and the towing package gears made a lot more traditional noise, unobtrusive
but you knew there was a v8 doing work if you wound it out a bit.

The cop car version is basically identical save they do not have the two little resonators on the end right before the
exhaust exits.

HTML