How Do You Remove Side Windshield Trim on 2013 Lincoln MKS

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

mmgirl

We have a persistent rattle in the passenger side windshield trim of our Lincoln MKS. This has been going on for years and we had the trim replaced while still under warranty. Unfortunately, after about a year it started rattling again. We're assuming it's a speaker behind the trim that is causing the rattle. Need some advice on how to remove the trim so we can cushion the speaker.

Attachments

• windshield trim.jpg
    windshield trim.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1

MKSACC

We have a persistent rattle in the passenger side windshield trim of our Lincoln MKS. This has been going on for years and we had the trim replaced while still under warranty. Unfortunately, after about a year it started rattling again. We're assuming it's a speaker behind the trim that is causing the rattle. Need some advice on how to remove the trim so we can cushion the speaker.
I found this that might help you

MKSACC

Thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the piece I need to take off which is next to the windshield. I've attached a picture of the trim I need to remove.
Oh that trim piece is held in my clips. Use a trim removal tool or by hand. Ive attached a picture of mines. Just dont pull all the way bc of the speaker wire.

Attachments

• 20210609_123452.jpg
    20210609_123452.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 4