Help with audio, Android Auto

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

afh3

Minnesota
So when I use voice activation to access a song, with AA active...Google always wants me to access Pandora, which I am not signed into. So I have to say, "Play Hot August Night on Samsung Music" and it works.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?
That is because Pandora is selected as the default Google Assistant music application.

To change it on your phone, first disconnect from AA and then press and hold your home button, or say "OK Google" - depending on how you have your phone configured - or however you launch google assistant.

Once the assistant is running, you may need to swipe up to get the full-screen profile view.

From there, click your picture (or whatever you have in the upper right corner) to get to the settings for Google Assistant.

Scroll down until you find "Music".

Choose "No default provider"

Back out to save the change.

Now, when Samsung Music is full-screen in your vehicle running on Android Auto, you should be able to say something akin to "Play Hot August Night" (after hitting the assist button, of course) and it should tell you that it is asking Samsung Music to play that track.

At least that's how it works in >my< Corsair.

YMMV.

JB IN AZ

Thanks! Will give this a try!
Success! Thank you again!

You are wealth of knowledge!

Dare I ask one more question?

Last edited:

JB IN AZ

Heh...OK...so I told it to play an album, I never finished listening to that album, decided to listen to a different one, the first one continued. How do I stop the first one?

afh3

Minnesota
Heh...OK...so I told it to play an album, I never finished listening to that album, decided to listen to a different one, the first one continued. How do I stop the first one?
Have not experienced this issue.

Are you suggesting that, while one selection was playing, requesting a different selection did not cause the previously playing track to yeild in preference to the newly requested selection?

afh3

Minnesota
Sorry. I'm not able to reproduce.

Asking AA to "Stop playing" always stops a current track and asking AA to "Play album <album name>" always stops the current track and plays the newly requested album.

I just tested these scenarios with "AA for phone screen" and it behaved in exactly this manner.

Unless I misunderstand your use-case, it should work that same way for you as well.

JB IN AZ

Thank you. I will try this again in the morning. I think I was trying to use buttons (also on AA for phone screen), rather than voice commands to stop playing. DOH!

afh3

Minnesota
Thank you. I will try this again in the morning. I think I was trying to use buttons (also on AA for phone screen), rather than voice commands to stop playing. DOH!
I see no reason to believe that it should not work as well, however I do not normally operate with the touch controls - so I am not positive that it would behave in the same manner.

Edit: I tested this scenario using the touch controls and was equally successful in selecting a new album and having it play in lieu of the existing track.

JB IN AZ

Good morning, ahs3! It seems to be working as I wanted it to this morning, at least from AA for phone screen. I must have been too tired last night! LOL

I will try it later in the Corsair, as that is where I will use it, of course!

I can't Thank You enough for you assistance!

afh3

Minnesota
Good morning, ahs3! It seems to be working as I wanted it to this morning, at least from AA for phone screen. I must have been too tired last night! LOL

I will try it later in the Corsair, as that is where I will use it, of course!

I can't Thank You enough for you assistance!
(y)

JB IN AZ

Well, back to drawing board. Went out in the Corsair tonight.Started an album via voice control/ Samsung music. After a few minutes, I told it to play a different album. The voice response was accurate, "have samsung music play 2nd album". Didn't work. Then i told it to cancel first album, which it seemed to do. Tben i told it to play second album. It started playing 1st album again.

I did these same things with AA for phone screen. And it worked. Not sure what i am doing wrong.