• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help with 1998 Lincoln Town Car

Scottney

I just inherited a 1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature. The vehicle is in great condition and only has 11k+ miles on it. I am trying to decide to keep and enjoy it (at least for a few years until it becomes a classic) or to sell it. The problem with selling it is that I co not see many comparable vehicles and cannot gauge a estimated price on this vehicle. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.

04TC

Tampa, FL
11k or 111k? If the miles are that low 11k miles it should be worth much more than an average '98 Town car, which i would (unofficially) think would be worth $1000- $2500. But if the miles are that low, which is super rare for a 21 year old car, i would guess at least twice or three times as much? Don't quote me because I'm definitely not an expert, lol. Just trying to put some ideas out there.

Scottney

The miles are just over 11 thousand. Extremely low. I agree that there should be someone out there that would appreciate this. Just not sure where to find that buyer. Thinking the answer will be somewhere in the Car Club groups. Thanks.

LTC1997

What state has the car lived in?
Is there any signs of outdoor exposure, or did it spend it's time in a garage?
Does the car have complete service records?

Things like original tires and battery might impact value slightly, though likely not for the better.

BrianMyers

You could put it on ebay with a really high reserve just to get an idea of what it might fetch. If you can get the original paperwork, maintenance records, etc., that will help fetch more. If you are going to list it for sale you might attract better offers on a site like hmn.com vs more conventional sites.

If it were me I would keep it.

Would love to see some pics. Let's us know if/where you list it.

Brian

Last edited:

GBM

I would get a subscription to Hemmings Motor News..... and look at what similar cars are being listed for... If I was going to sell it I would put an ad in the paper edition. A lot of people still read it the old fashioned way.. with a magnifying glass and their squinting eyes.

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Recalls are for the life of vehicles affected by safety problems and are mandatory repairs. Maybe you are referring to a TSB, which is voluntary and not safety related.

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER

HTML