• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help w 2015 Lincoln Town car rear passenger leaking 4 yrs now rear driver door leaking..

Leslie Fay

Help..four years ago this month my rear passenger door started leaking...when it rains there's a puddle on rear floor on that side..son and I argued about cause, took to service station they said nothing they can do..I've hung tarps, shower curtains, etc on that side of roof covering seam of door...they always fall off. ..I have to keep huge pile of dry rugs and towels to sop it up ..in Winter it freezes like a little slate pond..in summer I leave door open facing dun to dry it out...last month I noticed the OTHER door is leaking too! Any suggestions? Don't know if it's done any damage.. someone suggested having holes drilled underneath do water can drain out!!??

Leslie Fay

Help..four years ago this month my rear passenger door started leaking...when it rains there's a puddle on rear floor on that side..son and I argued about cause, took to service station they said nothing they can do..I've hung tarps, shower curtains, etc on that side of roof covering seam of door...they always fall off. ..I have to keep huge pile of dry rugs and towels to sop it up ..in Winter it freezes like a little slate pond..in summer I leave door open facing dun to dry it out...last month I noticed the OTHER door is leaking too! Any suggestions? Don't know if it's done any damage.. someone suggested having holes drilled underneath do water can drain out!!??
There were a few typos in my posted...it freezes like a skate pond and I dry it facing the sun in summer
... sorry

Leslie Fay

Oh boy it's a 2005...hit wrong number by mistake

04TC

Tampa, FL
This thread might be of help:

lfabrizi

Sir, I just fixed this issue in my 2006 literally 4 days ago. There are channels for water to run through IF water gets under the carpet. These channels are made right into the floorboards. Your gasket for your fresh air intake near the windshield is deteriorated.
I had about 1/2in in my passenger back seat and nothing in front. When I pulled the rug out the foam on both the front and rear seats were soaked. Due to those appropriate water channels all the water sits in the backseat floor.

A little cleaning, silicon, and time will fix the issue. Unfortunately the rugs have a foam backing that is like a sponge (I had to purchase a new rug...)
It wouldn't come dry.

Any other questions about this reach out! Be happy to hop on a phone call and explain further.

HTML