• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help needed from Australia

AussieNav

G'day All, my name is Chris and i have a 2003 Navigator in Australia, as you can guess they are rare here so there isnt much help, so i am hoping those in the know in America can assist me. My centre seat belt (3rd Row Seats) is locked up in the retracted position. Can anyone give some ideas to correct this issue, do i need to by a new one and replace it, is there a trick to unlocking it and most importantly, how do i access it.
Thanks in Advance for any assistance.

turkeyfoot

G day mate. I like saying that in a Patrick Rafter accent.
Liquid wrench spritzer with cloth wrapped around the mechanism?
It may be a spring in the mechanism got sideways, broken or bent so no amount of spritzer is going to help.
I like brute force methods and most everything will give a little. Maybe you know a bouncer?
Using a strong arm with no movement from the belt would be indicative of a broken gizmo. Or if you manage to pull the belt out a little but it wont retract would again indicate a broken gizmo. Best way to pull is in the direction of its natural movement, less chance of a bind that way.
Sorry if this is not helpful.

G-932364

G day mate. I like saying that in a Patrick Rafter accent.
Liquid wrench spritzer with cloth wrapped around the mechanism?
It may be a spring in the mechanism got sideways, broken or bent so no amount of spritzer is going to help.
I like brute force methods and most everything will give a little. Maybe you know a bouncer?
Using a strong arm with no movement from the belt would be indicative of a broken gizmo. Or if you manage to pull the belt out a little but it wont retract would again indicate a broken gizmo. Best way to pull is in the direction of its natural movement, less chance of a bind that way.
Sorry if this is not helpful.
Thanks mate, I have watched a few YouTube clips about checking out the "gizmo", just don't know how to get to it, I assume it inside the seat back, I really don't want to have to remove the leather to find it.

HTML