Help deciding on window tinting the new Corsair

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

heywardjr

I understand the back windows are already tinted glass and dark. I want to darken the front side windows with tint. Have others done that? What grade of tint. I understand that in Virginia the laws around this state the level. However, I have glaucoma and can get an exception by my eye doctor. What level of darkness would you recommend ion this was your car?

Stu

I understand the back windows are already tinted glass and dark. I want to darken the front side windows with tint. Have others done that? What grade of tint. I understand that in Virginia the laws around this state the level. However, I have glaucoma and can get an exception by my eye doctor. What level of darkness would you recommend ion this was your car?
Look at the rear door windows (lower right) it will state what the tint is. Mine is 18% which is probably standard. This is match the fronts to the rear.

TimCooper

I tinted my 2020 Corsair reserve to 35% Ceramic I believe and it matches up with the rear windows pretty well. Living in Canada and in this province we are only allowed 50% but I have yet to be stopped for it. I have attached a photo of mine for you to see. You can also tell I wrapped the top edges of the roof to black to complete the look.

Attachments

• AAAC0AD3-4BD4-409C-BA1C-97CC708AB9E1.jpeg
    AAAC0AD3-4BD4-409C-BA1C-97CC708AB9E1.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 16

heywardjr

Thanks, very nice. Here in Virginia they have limits but I was told by a cop spouse that the police cannot pull you over for tint issues. It’s recommended that you roll down the windows if stopped by the police so tinting is not an issue. The Ford dealer told me that as well.

HBcorsair

Like Tim, I went with the ceramic tint but mine says it’s 33%. I have conventional tint on my F150 which just makes it dark - but when shown that the ceramic tint actually blocked the heat coming from a heat lamp, I went ceramic route on my GT.
He couldn’t talk me into doing the windshield because I wondered about affect on the heads-up display but there was a guy with a Prius there having his windshield done.

heywardjr

HBCorsair, please explain the benefits of ceramic versus regular tint? Curious and have seen it advertised but not sure if that was a gimmick.

HBcorsair

I have ceramic. Allegedly it blocks heat.
I couldn’t do a commercial for their “nano-ceramic dispersion technology” but their literature indicated better than 60% reduction in uv & infrared.
What sold me was when they took their heat lamp & passed it by the various films. I noted a huge difference in the heat reduction of a ceramic versus conventional tint. (Lamp on one side of glass and my hand on the other side)
Pricey but worth taking a look at imo.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
I tinted my front windows at 20%.... I did my windshield at 35%. I cant WAIT to do it again. Tint guy on standby.