Heated Seats will not work.

rmd230

I have a 2006 Lincoln Town Car. Both the driver and passenger heated seats will not work. If I turn the key on and press the heated seat switch it stays lit for less than 1 second then goes out. If I turn the key off then back on, I can recreate this behavior on the passenger side switch both high and low and the drivers side, both high and low. Fuses are all OK. Is the problem the seat heater control module?

Burned out wire possibly under there. Killing the connection. I haven't looked under my Lincoln seats but in my 08 DTS Caddy, there was a module under the passenger seat and the wires going into it would burn out because they weren't the right gauge. I'd start looking there. Could be totally different in the Lincoln but heated seats are heated seats ,How much difference could there be in the setup?

rmd230

The control module on the town car is inside the front passenger door. I am in the process of accessing that now to see what I can see. Getting the door panel off without breaking it has proven difficult.

The control module on the town car is inside the front passenger door. I am in the process of accessing that now to see what I can see. Getting the door panel off without breaking it has proven difficult.
Oh yes, those are always fun. Lol. Good luck. Let me know what you find.