Headlights

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

JIMTANQUARYY

I am really trying to find anyone that knows about or has had the problem of the headlights just turning off for no reason while you are driving. I changed the light switch and it made no difference, I changed the ballast on both sides last week and the headlights stayed on, they wouldn't go out. Short of turning it into a mechanic, I can't think of anything else to try. Please, any ideas will be welcome. The vehicle is a 2011 Lincoln MKT.

bbf2530

I am really trying to find anyone that knows about or has had the problem of the headlights just turning off for no reason while you are driving. I changed the light switch and it made no difference, I changed the ballast on both sides last week and the headlights stayed on, they wouldn't go out. Short of turning it into a mechanic, I can't think of anything else to try. Please, any ideas will be welcome. The vehicle is a 2011 Lincoln MKT.

Hi JIM. An issue like that is often traceable to an intermittent issue with a bad ground, short/break in the wiring, a loose connector/connection and similar electrical gremlins.

A shop that specializes in automotive electrical issues may be your best bet, unless you have the tools, know-how and patience to trace and diagnose all these possibilities.

Good luck.