• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

GPS maps download

raymondblinn

When I bought my 2018 MKZ the GPS maps were two years out of date. They finally have an update for my vehicle but it doesn't work.
When I tried to download the update it said my ESN number was incorrect but I copied it exactly as shown on my Sync 3 info screen. I called the 800 number and gave them my VIN # which they used to identify my make year and vehicle color and gave me a new ESN # which was completely different from the one my car showed me. I used that ESN number and was able to download the required files and user license number. I transferred them to a new USB drive formatted as the instructions indicated.
When I plugged the USB into my car, the update ran for a few seconds and then an error code ERR05 message came up. According to their trouble shooting info, that message indicates an incorrect ESN number. Why does my car have a different ESN number that what is on record at Lincoln and how do I resolve this problem. Has anyone else had this issue?

HTML