Got a parts car and potentially a factory radio to swap!

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Maytag87

Hi folks,

I picked up a fun 05 Town Car Limited parts car. I am plan to use the rear passenger quarter and a couple of other small things. I will post it on facebook to sell some parts. I saw what looked like an uninstalled full DIN radio sitting in the back seat. I looked quickly at it and saw it said Pioneer on the back label and it had a map button on the front left side. Cool, could be a nice full screen aftermarket radio I may want to put in my '03 Cartier. The seller said the radio worked, and he removed it and the dash clock when he was working on something under the dash and never put it back in. I drove the car home (70 mph, roof open with cruise control!) and once I arrived, I gave the radio label a closer examination. I saw the label read Ford Motor Company! Oh my, could this be the elusive touch screen factory radio? The trunk has a box on the left side that says DVD on it where my car has the 6 pack CD changer, and I was thinking this was for the GPS maps. I was like WOW, I think this could be it! Pictures attached.

How hard would this be to put in my '03? I assume I have to swap out the trunk mounted CD changer for the DVD player, and maybe the connector plugs are the same on the radio back and DVD. Would anyone know if I have to change the cable going to the DVD unit for the GPS to work or would the cables be the same and its a drop in?

Also is the 2005 DDM compatible with the 2003? Both cars have the seat memory. The parts car has working power mirrors, pedals, locks, seats, trunk, trunk receiver etc so I suspect the driver door module would be good to hang on to for my car if it is compatible! Also, I got paperwork on the '05 transmission that was rebuilt for $3200 about 20K miles ago and in 2018, so I may keep that too.

If anyone is interested in parts, let me know!

Thanks!
Rob

Attachments

• 20201004_165717.jpg
    20201004_165717.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201004_165734.jpg
    20201004_165734.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201004_170638.jpg
    20201004_170638.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20201004_170801.jpg
    20201004_170801.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20201004_160247.jpg
    20201004_160247.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 22

Maytag87

I answered my own question. Since the double din radio has a NAV which uses the DVD player mounted in the trunk, I removed the DVD unit from the 2005. I unbolted my 2003 CD Changer in the trunk and flipped it over, finding that the wire harness is completely different on each. I have not compared the back side of the radios yet, but I would not be surprised if the plugs are a bit different there also, to accept the dvd input. I will do some more checking, but I'd bet that if I want to swap the regular radio to the full screen, then I have to do a wire harness swap running from the trunk to the dash. I will see if I can extract the wire harness and figure out if its just plugging into the existing harness or if I have to cutting/splicing, which I really don't want to do...

Rob

joeytowncar

Hi Rob,
I have a 2005 Lincoln Town Car and need the Restraint Control Module (RCM). It's mounted to the floor under the ashtray. Do you have one available?
Joe

Maytag87

Hi Joe,

I should have that. Can you share a pic so I can make sure?

Thanks,
Rob

Towncarlimoguy

Just remembered this thread .If you have the two under hood fasteners that go into the shroud over the headlights I need both. The ones that you need to turn to remove...

Maytag87

Here you go. Let me know.
Hi @joeytowncar , i got that! I took it out this morning, see attached, $50 shipped, you can email me at rv@comcast.net and i take venmo.

Just remembered this thread .If you have the two under hood fasteners that go into the shroud over the headlights I need both. The ones that you need to turn to remove...
Hi @Towncarlimoguy , i don't see those fasteners. The shroud was already loose when i got the car, i attached a pic, the shroud just lifts off.

Best,
Rob

Attachments

• 20201113_120703.jpg
    20201113_120703.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201113_120645.jpg
    20201113_120645.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20201113_120633.jpg
    20201113_120633.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201113_120120.jpg
    20201113_120120.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 6

Towncarlimoguy

Hi @joeytowncar , i got that! I took it out this morning, see attached, $50 shipped, you can email me at rv@comcast.net and i take venmo.

Hi @Towncarlimoguy , i don't see those fasteners. The shroud was already loose when i got the car, i attached a pic, the shroud just lifts off.

Best,
Rob
Yea ,they would have been in the two holes on either side. Thanks for looking. Is there a specific name for those tow things?? Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

wolf_walker

That would be a pretty serious project to swap navigation into a non nav car. While it's an ok radio(and the cd mechanism fails often), the navigation portion is pretty trash by anywhere near today's google maps standards. Plus the maps are way out of date. You also need the GPS antenna and I think it has a module somewhere, there's a whack load of stuff related to that system in the service manuals, it weezels it's way into seemingly everything.

Jimmyd88

Hi folks,

I picked up a fun 05 Town Car Limited parts car. I am plan to use the rear passenger quarter and a couple of other small things. I will post it on facebook to sell some parts. I saw what looked like an uninstalled full DIN radio sitting in the back seat. I looked quickly at it and saw it said Pioneer on the back label and it had a map button on the front left side. Cool, could be a nice full screen aftermarket radio I may want to put in my '03 Cartier. The seller said the radio worked, and he removed it and the dash clock when he was working on something under the dash and never put it back in. I drove the car home (70 mph, roof open with cruise control!) and once I arrived, I gave the radio label a closer examination. I saw the label read Ford Motor Company! Oh my, could this be the elusive touch screen factory radio? The trunk has a box on the left side that says DVD on it where my car has the 6 pack CD changer, and I was thinking this was for the GPS maps. I was like WOW, I think this could be it! Pictures attached.

How hard would this be to put in my '03? I assume I have to swap out the trunk mounted CD changer for the DVD player, and maybe the connector plugs are the same on the radio back and DVD. Would anyone know if I have to change the cable going to the DVD unit for the GPS to work or would the cables be the same and its a drop in?

Also is the 2005 DDM compatible with the 2003? Both cars have the seat memory. The parts car has working power mirrors, pedals, locks, seats, trunk, trunk receiver etc so I suspect the driver door module would be good to hang on to for my car if it is compatible! Also, I got paperwork on the '05 transmission that was rebuilt for $3200 about 20K miles ago and in 2018, so I may keep that too.

If anyone is interested in parts, let me know!

Thanks!
Rob
Hey rob im interested in rear quarter panels. I noticed you need one so whichever you don’t need I will buy if it is still available.
Where are you located?
Please email me at james.dingeldey88@gmail.com as I don’t check this every day. Thank you!

-jimmy

Towncarlimoguy

I have an 05 too!! If you have the little square screw covers that go behind the door handle I need one. My interior is that tarnish color, But I’ll take whatever color you have if you have one

Maytag87

I have an 05 too!! If you have the little square screw covers that go behind the door handle I need one. My interior is that tarnish color, But I’ll take whatever color you have if you have one
Hi @Towncarlimoguy I got a few of those but i think the little tabs that insert inside the panel are broken off, so you'd have to RTV them. I can show you the square covers i have and you can decide if they're helpful.

Rob

Towncarlimoguy

Hi @Towncarlimoguy I got a few of 1B0F5376-7E28-4B24-BC9C-9F485BC1804D[1].jpg those but i think the little tabs that insert inside the panel are broken off, so you'd have to RTV them. I can show you the square covers i have and you can decide if they're helpful.

Rob
Yes please do .THIS ISN'T MY INTERIOR but close enough. You can see the square thing I need behind the handle. Just so there's no confusion

Last edited:

Jaskim06

Are the sunvisors the same light Carmel color as the seats and in good shape? I only need the center mirrors and lights but will buy complete set if you'd be so kind of giving me a price and a pic. Even if there the dash color gray it'd still kinda match the darker parts of my 07 designer series. Only parts I'm missing. Both of them for some reason. Don't know why?

Maytag87

Hi @Towncarlimoguy I got 4 of these squares, 3 darker, 1 lighter. I may have more lighter colored ones, not sure at the moment.

-Rob

Attachments

• 20210529_114243[1].jpg
    20210529_114243[1].jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210529_114219[1].jpg
    20210529_114219[1].jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1

Maytag87

Are the sunvisors the same light Carmel color as the seats and in good shape? I only need the center mirrors and lights but will buy complete set if you'd be so kind of giving me a price and a pic. Even if there the dash color gray it'd still kinda match the darker parts of my 07 designer series. Only parts I'm missing. Both of them for some reason. Don't know why?
Hey @Jaskim06 I have to check on the sunvisors. It had them but I may not have saved them. I recall wondering how to easily take them out. I will check to see if I saved them from that car.
-Rob