Google Route to Lincoln Way

MarkX

I like to construct routes in advance of my trips at home in front of my computer. Google Maps is a good medium for such route planning. So, what I would like to do is to get those routes into my in-car navigation exactly as is. Yes, I know I can do that with Android Auto but then I am not using the Sync 3 navigation which has the advantage of showing navigation instructions in the HUD, whereas Android Auto shows only on the center screen. I called the Lincoln concierge help line but the agent could not provide constructive advice. Perhaps you more experienced Continental navigators have solved this problem.

19RapInBlu

Search "google maps send to car". It use to work on my MKZ, but I thought Google changed some code in their maps which ruined the ability to do it. Someone might have figured out a work around by now, I have not bothered to look in quite awhile.

MarkX

Thanks for giving this some thought. Google maps does have a capacity to send locations from Google to your car but when you go to "Add car or GPS device," only a few car brands are listed, none of which are from the Ford family. Also, I should have specified that I do not have the AT&T service activated.

I see how to add waypoints to an active route but it seems this has to be done directly and manually into Sync3. This is what I am trying to avoid. Say I want to plan a full-day route with multiple specific waypoints of my choosing rather than just the final destination. That would be tedious and time-consuming with the above process. I am looking for a straightforward way to "dump" a previously-prepared route with multiple waypoints into Sync3.