Glitchy electronics

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Catherine22

I bought my 2022 Aviator reserve with luxury package 1 month ago and I have 1200 miles as I have gone on one out of town trip. First off, I love the ride as it is so smooth and the seats are incredibly comfortable. I love this car but I’m afraid something is wrong with the electronics. The front emblem doesn’t light up, the control to close the sunshade doesn’t work at times, the backup camera view on the screen will flicker at times to the point you can’t use it to backup, one time all the indoor lights stayed on after putting it in drive, the mirrors won’t fold at times when I park the car and lock it. With this last issue I noticed within synch it seemed the switch to turn on this function kept reverting to off. Lastly the rear seat notification turned on twice after I turned this notification off. The last thing that has happened is the screen/tablet was completely black after turning the car on. I turned the car off and on again and it still was completely black. Interesting the audio worked and I could switch radio stations but when I adjusted the temperature that appeared on the screen. This is the first vehicle I have ever had a problem with. Unfortunately it’s the most expensive vehicle I have bought. I really love driving it though. The dealership is getting me in on 1/4/2022 to check all this out ( I know that’s a long way away right) but I’m just seeing if anyone else is having similar issues. Also, while sitting in it with the engine off and nothing on in the inside there is a lot of clicking and noises that the vehicle makes. Anyone notice this?

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
I have a 2022 Aviator GT with slightly less mileage and I have none of those issues. Definitely sounds like you have some electrical issues with your Aviator. Are you hearing the clicking noises inside or outside of your aviator? Also can you take it somewhere else to get it in sooner as that is what I would advise. I am assuming you aren't getting any warning messages popping up in the app or on the vehicle correct?

I bought my 2022 Aviator reserve with luxury package 1 month ago and I have 1200 miles as I have gone on one out of town trip. First off, I love the ride as it is so smooth and the seats are incredibly comfortable. I love this car but I’m afraid something is wrong with the electronics. The front emblem doesn’t light up, the control to close the sunshade doesn’t work at times, the backup camera view on the screen will flicker at times to the point you can’t use it to backup, one time all the indoor lights stayed on after putting it in drive, the mirrors won’t fold at times when I park the car and lock it. With this last issue I noticed within synch it seemed the switch to turn on this function kept reverting to off. Lastly the rear seat notification turned on twice after I turned this notification off. The last thing that has happened is the screen/tablet was completely black after turning the car on. I turned the car off and on again and it still was completely black. Interesting the audio worked and I could switch radio stations but when I adjusted the temperature that appeared on the screen. This is the first vehicle I have ever had a problem with. Unfortunately it’s the most expensive vehicle I have bought. I really love driving it though. The dealership is getting me in on 1/4/2022 to check all this out ( I know that’s a long way away right) but I’m just seeing if anyone else is having similar issues. Also, while sitting in it with the engine off and nothing on in the inside there is a lot of clicking and noises that the vehicle makes. Anyone notice this?
I had all of those issues on my 21. Lincoln ultimately bought it back. Now I have a 22, only issue I have is that the sync screen sometimes crashes completely then reboots and the temperature display for the climate control is nowhere to be found in the sync screen.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
I had all of those issues on my 21. Lincoln ultimately bought it back. Now I have a 22, only issue I have is that the sync screen sometimes crashes completely then reboots and the temperature display for the climate control is nowhere to be found in the sync screen.
Sounds like you have the newer sync 3 update. Interestingly mine shipped with an older one I'm assuming to avoid that temp missing issue as well as possibly stability issues. Either way I think there is an update coming soon to fix that.

Sounds like you have the newer sync 3 update. Interestingly mine shipped with an older one I'm assuming to avoid that temp missing issue as well as possibly stability issues. Either way I think there is an update coming soon to fix that.
I am not sure which sync I have but I got the car less than two weeks ago so it’s probably the latest one. Those are my only two gripes so far. But I had literally all of the glitches the other person described on my 21.

Catherine22

I have a 2022 Aviator GT with slightly less mileage and I have none of those issues. Definitely sounds like you have some electrical issues with your Aviator. Are you hearing the clicking noises inside or outside of your aviator? Also can you take it somewhere else to get it in sooner as that is what I would advise. I am assuming you aren't getting any warning messages popping up in the app or on the vehicle correct?
No problems with actual operation of the vehicle. No warning lights at all. The clicking noises seem to be in the dash of the drivers seat. I’ve been sitting in it for 20 minutes and it will be making them. You can also hear it from outside the vehicle. I’ve just never had a vehicle make noise after the engine has been turned off.

Catherine22

I’m wondering if this will be the direction I’m headed. I hope it gets rectified. It really is a wonderful vehicle to drive.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
No problems with actual operation of the vehicle. No warning lights at all. The clicking noises seem to be in the dash of the drivers seat. I’ve been sitting in it for 20 minutes and it will be making them. You can also hear it from outside the vehicle. I’ve just never had a vehicle make noise after the engine has been turned off.
You shouldn't be hearing anything inside the cabin in my opinion with the engine off. I never have however outside of the vehicle is a different story. You will find out once the dealership takes a look at it to see what is wrong and if it can be resolved. If not then they may do a buyback or replacement.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
Im pretty sure that's a dealership issue over a Lincoln issue to get the vehicle in. My dealership typically gets me in within a week or 2 which is why I suggested trying a different dealership.

VAMINER

My 20 model makes noises when setting still and the engine not running. It has since day one. It seems to be more outside the cabin than inside, though.
As far as glitches, mine sometimes doesn't recognize my fob and I have to use the button on the door panel to get my seat set to my preference, and sometimes Sirius lags and won't change channels.
Other than that, a minor amount of warranty work, but nothing that affected the driving or safety of the car.
It is quiet, comfortable, a pleasure to drive, and pretty fast for that large an SUV.

Exit32

Sorry to hear you're having these problems with your new 2022 Aviator. A few comments:

1. Is your Aviator equipped with the optional Illumination Package (option 67R)? That's the option that provides the Lincoln Lit Star in the Grille. The lit star is not included with the Luxury Package (option 65L).

2. Your electrical glitches appear to be unrelated to one another.; i.e., different modules controlling all those things. The one common denominator is the vehicle's battery. In a later post, you mentioned these problems disappear while you're driving your Aviator. Perhaps that's because the alternator is providing adequate voltage to the vehicle's electrical system, but the battery is unable to that whenever the engine isn't running? I'd suggest having the battery tested -- once in a while, you get a dud from the factory. These new vehicles with computer modules controlling everything don't do well with weak batteries.

3. The clicking noises are normal. The clicks happens as your Aviator automatically checks various systems (e.g., brakes and gas tank vacuum). This happens with the engine off and can occur after driving, as you approach your Aviator, or when you open a door. The clicks are sign the car's test/diagnostic systems are working.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
The temperature should be displayed in the upper left and right corners of the sync display screen.

Peter

VAMINER

The temperature should be displayed in the upper left and right corners of the sync display screen.

Peter
The temperature should also be displayed just above each toggle switch used to increase or decrease the temperature setting. At least it is on my 20 model.

VAMINER

I have that, but I think that display has been done away with in the newer Aviator.

Peter
I have wondered if that might be the case since I've read elsewhere on this forum that the temperature setting is not displayed on the sync display when the setting is changed.