Fuel requirement for MKT

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Per my 2013 Ecoboost manual, 87 is recommended.

Premium fuel (no octane mentioned in manual) will provide improved performance and is recommended for severe duty usage such as trailer tow.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Per my 2013 Ecoboost manual, 87 is recommended.

Premium fuel (no octane mentioned in manual) will provide improved performance and is recommended for severe duty usage such as trailer tow.
Yup same goes on my 2016 manual as well. Nothing has ever changed on the MKT from 2013 except the grill in 2017+ :)

I did clarify, 93 is recommended when you need maximum performance. I am not sure if anyone has towed the 4500LBS max tow capacity with their MKT... (towing package equipped)

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I might, at some point, get to try towing near the limits with mine. We have a new Massey Ferguson GC1725MB w/ 60” mower deck being delivered sometime early next week, and it weighs around 3,000 pounds total. Put that on a tandem axle trailer, and it’ll easily be pushing the limits. Granted, mine has an aftermarket Curt hitch, which is rated for 4,000, and I’ll have to install a trailer brake controller and 7-pin harness before attempting it. It’ll only be used for the rare case it has to be taken to the dealer for something. There’s a pretty big, steep mountain on the way, and if I don’t find a more level route, it’ll be quite a workout for the MKT, both drivetrain and brakes.

On the plus side, I can’t see the need to have everything installed on the tractor if it needs a trip to the dealer, so that’ll shave off well over 1,000 pounds.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I might, at some point, get to try towing near the limits with mine. We have a new Massey Ferguson GC1725MB w/ 60” mower deck being delivered sometime early next week, and it weighs around 3,000 pounds total. Put that on a tandem axle trailer, and it’ll easily be pushing the limits. Granted, mine has an aftermarket Curt hitch, which is rated for 4,000, and I’ll have to install a trailer brake controller and 7-pin harness before attempting it. It’ll only be used for the rare case it has to be taken to the dealer for something. There’s a pretty big, steep mountain on the way, and if I don’t find a more level route, it’ll be quite a workout for the MKT, both drivetrain and brakes.

On the plus side, I can’t see the need to have everything installed on the tractor if it needs a trip to the dealer, so that’ll shave off well over 1,000 pounds.
Take a picture! lets see the squat on the MKT and see how good it looks lowered :p

Cliff J

I use Shell V Power or other premium gas the does not contain ethanol in my 2014. I started back when I had my 2010 and my son-in-law does the same and the car now has about 160k miles and runs like new.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML