Lincoln Forums Navigation:

FUEL PUMP QUESTION

bbf2530

AT WHAT MILEAGE CAN I EXPECT TO HAVE TOREPLACE THE FUEL PUMP ON MY 2005 LINCOLN TOWN CAR?
Hi SALTYDOG. It is not possible to answer that question. As with any mechanical device, it could last the lifetime of the vehicle or fail today. There is no average lifespan to base an answer.

As an example: My father factory ordered a 1990 Lincoln Town Car. It was sold to a neighbor in 2007. It is still running perfectly, with the original fuel pump and over 225,000 miles today. On the other hand, a defective fuel pump could fail in the first year of ownership.

Hope yours runs for many more years. Good luck.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
AT WHAT MILEAGE CAN I EXPECT TO HAVE TOREPLACE THE FUEL PUMP ON MY 2005 LINCOLN TOWN CAR?
Welcome to the Forum.

We have a forum for the Town Car here: Lincoln Town Car (1981-2011) so more people with Town Car experience will see your posts.

Your fuel pump is cooled by the fuel so try to keep the tank at 1/4 full or above and it will last longer. I have not heard of a typical replacement time frame or mileage, but it will likely be a long time. I replaced a fuel pump in a 1991 Grand Marquis with less than 100,000 miles.

Good luck with your car.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML